Work It! 15 Ways to Upgrade Your Workout Wardrobe
We couldn’t share a whole bunch of Brit-Approved Workout Apps without giving you some style pointers as well, could we? You have seen some of these items kicking around the Brit + Co. archive, but we’ve gathered all of them together (plus some new ones!) to serve up a roundup of the coolest, most innovative fitness apparel on the market today.
1. Nike Dri-Fit Knit Running Dress ($65): Running in a dress? It’s actually less ludicrous than it seems, and this Nike running dress is a great piece for going on a run and then meeting up with friends. It’s ultra lightweight and made with sweat-wicking fabric. Plus with this sort of ombre tie dye look, you could totally get away with rocking this to brunch.
3. Nike Pro LOCO4EVA Tights ($90): How awesome is this print?! You can’t order it online but rumor has it local Nike stores have a bit of a stockpile.
4. Silverescent Run Swiftly Top ($68): Anti-stink — need we say more? Our favorite fabric from Lululemon, Silverescent, uses X-STATIC® – The Silver Fiber®, to create an anti-bacterial material perfect for fitness garb. Whereas your standard cotton tanks tend to hold onto that yucky smell even after washing, the Silverescent line of threads inhibits bacteria growth so that you can re-wear time and time again.
5. TECHFIT Boy Shorts ($25): Made with Adidas CLIMALITE fabric, these shorts sweep sweat away from your skin with every move you make.
6. EasyTone Fitness Pant ($50): Part of Reebok’s innovative EasyTone Apparel Collection, these smokin’ fitness pants use ResisTone bands designed to create resistance as you move. On top of that, the Play Dry fabric wicks moisture, accelerates evaporation, and contours to your body for maximum support; perfect for any level of exercise.
7. Breeze by Laser Cut Skirt ($72): With two side pockets, patterned venting, and no chafing flat seams, we might want to wear this skirt for more than just working out.
8. Paloma Capri ($80): Another fun and funky print, these capri leggings would actually look pretty awesome under a sundress as well.
9. Nike Twist and Tie Shirt ($75): For a shirt that doubles as a non-workout thread, this striped number is pretty darn fetching.
10. Adidas by Stella McCartney Swimsuit ($80): Designed with asymmetrical curves that manage to complement your figure while also being secure enough for serious laps, this swimsuit takes swimwear in a decidedly fashionable direction.
11. GapFit gFast Ombre Leggings ($30): Our favorite thing about these leggings? There’s no sheen when stretched! Win.
12. Graphic Tanks ($13): Why not put words of motivation right on your shirt? These shirts from Old Navy are cute and affordable enough that you won’t feel bad sweating through a whole bunch of them.
14. Muse Racerback Hoodie ($39): We might have just bought this… it’s the perfect weekend workout apparel.
15. Kinetic Vest ($180): One of the newest and coolest types of insulating technology, KLYMIT’s NobleTek insulation uses argon gas to keep your body warm. Each vest comes with a small tank of the stable gas, and one pump should last you several months. One layer of the gas traps as much warmth as a traditional jacket that’s twice as thick. Plus, you can adjust the amount of argon in your vest as the temperature gets warmer or cooler! It’s like a personal A/C thermostat.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)