These Are the Hottest Spring Break Destinations by State
Even though it’s only been a few months since our winter break getaway, we couldn’t be more excited to pack up our suitcase and treat ourselves with a luxurious spring break vacay — hey, we deserve it! But while our mind has already jumped ahead to packing our gorgeous spring essentials (seriously, you have to check out these suitcase-friendly interchangeable shoes!), we still have to accomplish the all-important task of figuring out where the heck we want to spend our coveted week off.
Our friends at KAYAK decided to research the most popular spring break destinations of 2017 by studying which flights people are searching in all 50 states. Comparing flight searches conducted in the US between June 17, 2016 and January 17, 2017 for this spring break with last year’s data, KAYAK determined which destinations saw the biggest increase in search — AKA which places are the trendiest hotspots to jet off to this spring break.
1. Cuba is *always* a good idea. Now that travel restrictions between the US and Cuba are somewhat relaxed, Havana is definitely a go-to place to vacation this spring break. In fact, it topped the list for most searched spring break destination for TEN different states.
2. Honolulu is sooo 2015. While the island of Oahu was definitely a must-visit destination in year’s past, this year Maui was the most popular Hawaiian getaway, with 21 states seeing a triple-digit increase in flight search interest.
3. Time to pack your travel pillow. From Dubai to Taipei, tons of states are ditching staycations for spring break trips that require a hella long flight. States like South Carolina, Vermont, Connecticut, and Wyoming are looking to travel as many miles as possible, picking destinations like Tel Aviv, Lisbon, Christchurch, and Glasgow, respectively.
Top Searched Spring Break Destination by State
1. Alabama: Maui, HI
2. Alaska: Barcelona, Spain
3. Arizona: Maui, HI
4. Arkansas: Managua, Nicaragua
5. California: Maui, HI
6. Colorado: Helsinki, Finland
7. Connecticut: Christchurch, New Zealand
8. Washington, DC: Santiago, Chile
9. Delaware: Reno, NV
10. Florida: Havana, Cuba
11. Georgia: Maui, HI
12. Hawaii: Taipei, Taiwan
13. Idaho: Rome, Italy
14. Illinois: Maui, HI
15. Indiana: Maui, HI
16. Iowa: Cape Town, South Africa
17. Kansas: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
18. Kentucky: Havana, Cuba
19. Louisiana: Havana, Cuba
20. Maine: Maui, HI
21. Maryland: Maui, HI
22. Massachusetts: Maui, HI
23. Michigan: Maui, HI
24. Minnesota: Havana, Cuba
25. Mississippi: Maui, HI
26. Missouri: Havana, Cuba
27. Montana: Maui, HI
28. Nebraska: Maui, HI
29. Nevada: Corpus Christi, TX
30. New Hampshire: Glasgow, Scotland
31. New Jersey: Havana, Cuba
32. New Mexico: Maui, HI
33. New York: Maui, HI
34. North Carolina: Santiago, Chile
35. North Dakota: Paris, France
36. Ohio: Maui, HI
37. Oklahoma: Havana, Cuba
38. Oregon: Maui, HI
39. Pennsylvania: Santiago, Chile
40. Rhode Island: Belize City, Belize
41. South Carolina: Tel Aviv, Israel
42. South Dakota: Hilton Head, SC
43. Tennessee: Maui, HI
44. Texas: Havana, Cuba
45. Utah: Havana, Cuba
46. Vermont: Lisbon, Portugal
47. Virginia: Maui, HI
48. Washington: Maui, HI
49. West Virginia: Havana, Cuba
50. Wisconsin: Maui, HI
51. Wyoming: Glasgow, Scotland
Where are you headed for spring break? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)