These 7 Bloggers Show Why You Need a Statement Coat This Winter
Okay, it’s official — it’s cold out there! Time to get serious about outerwear, because those lightweight layers just aren’t going to cut it on their own. But before you slip into your go-to parka or puffer, why not reach for a straight-up stunner? Statement outer layers are the best way to stay sane this winter: With their bright colors, funky prints and unexpected textures, the winter blahs don’t stand a chance. If an eye-catching coat hasn’t found its way into your closet just yet, these 7 #OOTDs will change all that.
1. @blaireadiebee: The latest way to rock a little color block? A classic mid-length coat. Mixing traditional hues like camel and black with pops of bright blue and snowy white, this sophisticated layer feels fresh and incredibly cool. (via @blaireadiebee)
2. @georgiana_boboc: Who says winter has to be drab and dreary? Brilliant color and look-at-me pop art prints will banish cold weather blues for good. For an extra punch, pair it with equally eye-catching ensembles, like this sunny yellow frock and glossy green boots. (via @georgiana_boboc)
4. @rantiinreview: If muted hues are more your thing, opt for bold embellishments and unexpected silhouettes to keep things interesting. Oversized grommets and a structured cape cut create the ideal blend of elegance and edge. (via @rantiinreview)
6. @blaastyle: When you need to get your glam on, there’s nothing quite like a (faux) fur coat. It just screams diva — in a good way. Skip the neutral hues and go full on with vibrant hue or color block patterns. (via @blaastyle)
7. @raspberrynrouge: Just looking at this coral number will warm you right up. The textural elements soften the otherwise crisply cut silhouette, while the removable cincher adds a cozy robe-like quality to the coat. (via @raspberrynrouge)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.