Though in San Francisco we refer to September and October as our actual summer, the rest of the country is starting to cozy up in anticipation of brisk fall days and cool fall nights. To help you heat things up, we’ve teamed up with Starbucks to serve up a few of our favorite ways to stay snuggly well into winter.
1. Knit Yourself a Scarf: That’s right. Forget shopping for the perfect scarf — make it yourself! Our Knitting 101 class will teach you how to make your very own snood (or circle scarf) in under an hour. We love the black and white vibe in the photo above, but you can easily customize the colors to fit your personal sense of style.
2. Embellish Your Gloves: We love breathing new life into old things, and fall and winter style accessories are no exception. Take any pair of black leather gloves and add a little pizzazz to them by adding a fabric cuff. Follow this tutorial to see how it’s done.
3. Sip on a Cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte: The aroma of this iconic fall drink not only warms our hearts with a sense of nostalgia, but it quite literally warms you up as you drink ;)
4. Jazz Up a Basic Beanie (or Five!): Like our gloves hack, this DIY project is all about adding a few key embellishments to your basic knit winter hat. Go chic with the addition of a chain or go costume with those silly cat ears ;)
5. Make Pom Pom Ear Muffs: Making your own pair of ear muffs can be as simple as making a couple fluffy pom poms out of your favorite yarn. Check out this tutorial to see how to make them yourself.
How do you stay cozy as the days cool down? Talk to us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Starbucks.