5 Fashion Must-Haves That Will Make You Street-Style Ready in No Time
With all the style inspo fresh off the streets of Fashion Month flooding our feeds, you may be wondering how on earth our favorite fashionistas always look so camera-ready?! With this in mind, we asked NYFW veteran Christine Andrew of Hello Fashion for some of her street-style secrets, plus a few pointers for effortlessly adding a little extra flair to any outfit. Keep reading for her must-have items that will have you ready for your close-up at all times!
1. A Gel Manicure: It lasts the longest! With regular polish my nails chip in two seconds (okay, more like three to four days). Who has time to worry about touching up your manicure every other day?
2. A Designer Handbag: Every girl should own an investment handbag, and that doesn’t have to mean the same thing for every budget. Whether it’s a Celine at the high end or a Rebecca Minkoff at a lower price point, a designer bag will elevate any outfit — even jeans and the most basic tee.
3. A Nude Shoe: A nude shoe will match everything in your closet, and a classic pump or flirty strappy sandal is the perfect addition to your look — regardless of the season. If heels aren’t your thing, booties are a good alternative for bringing that ideal street-style vibe. See here, here, and here for a few of our faves.
4. A Go-To Shade of Lipstick: You may not always have time for makeup, but you’ll always have time for a swipe of lipstick. Have your go-to shade handy at all times for an instant camera-ready pick-me-up. Some hues we love for spring are St. Germain by MAC and Honeycomb by Bite Beauty.
5. Sunglasses: Sunglasses are every fashion-girl’s secret weapon. On those mornings after you stayed up too late working on your creative projects (or partying!), something has to hide those bags under your eyes. For just a little investment, sunnies can add major street-star style.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Christine Andrew / Hello Fashion)