10 Stylish Mid-Century Modern Nursery Essentials to Buy or DIY
You’ve been rocking the retro style for years, splurging on an Eames chair before it was cool. But with a kid in the mix, you’re unsure if you can outfit a nursery with pieces you love. Well, you can, and you totally should! Shop the nursery items below that already fit in with your existing (flawless) decor.
1. DIY Pantone Nesting Dolls: Simple toys bring simple joys. These brightly painted “dolls” are sure to be a sensory experience for your little one, and they’ll look fab sitting on a shelf during naps. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. Edgemod Rocking Chair ($142): There’s nothing better than rocking your baby back and forth in a piece of sleek Eames design.
3. Metro Wooden Train, Tracks and City Blocks Set ($199): Finally, building blocks that won’t look like clutter when they’re left out after playtime.
4. DIY Metallic Gold Stool Bases: It can start as footstool near the glider, but before you know it, your toddler will be sitting on it while doodling at a table. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. Mid Century Convertible Crib ($499): Splurge on a transitional piece that looks like it’s straight out of 1962. Go on, you know you want to.
6. A-Frame Playhouse: Build your little a custom playhouse that looks like it belongs in Palm Springs. Indoor or out, it will be an A+ addition. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Wooden Baby Gym: Haven’t found an activity gym you like yet? Make your own and customize the soft toys to match your decor theme. (via Sarah Hearts)
8. Mod Made Mid Century Modern Bubble Wall Mounted Coat Rack ($42): Teeny-tiny kid clothes were meant to hang on a gumball-inspired coat rack.
9. DIY Kitchenette: Let the kids make supper for once! In this retro-style kitchenette, everyone is welcome to cook. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. Illusion Monogram Letters ($24): Spell their name or a playful phrase. The clean brass lines here are accented with a simple bead, which means they’ll fit right in with a teak dresser or change table.
Loving the retro style? Follow us on Pinterest for more kid-friendly mid-century style.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.