15 Hair Tutorials That Will Help You Beat the Heat This Summer
Y’all, it’s almost summertime. And you know what that means? It’s time spice up our ‘dos and experiment with new styles. Whether it’s to avoid frizz or pull back your hair, playing with braids, twists and ponies is a total must. We took to YouTube to find tutorials that show us how to get the style that’s right for us when that warmer weather arrives. Check out these 15 hair how-tos to beat the heat (and sweat) this summer.
1. Loose Curls + Flower Headband: Even though Coachella has come and gone, we’re still loving the flower crown trend. If you ask us, you can rock these loose curls and a flower headband on the reg. (via Carrie Rad)
4. 3 Days, 3 Hairstyles: Washing your hair every day can be super damaging. Try out these three hairstyles to go further between washes… with the help of a little dry shampoo, of course. (via Ingrid Nilsen)
5. Flat Twist Halo: During the warmer months, keeping your hair away from your face is a must. Watch this tutorial to learn how to get a flat twisted halo. It’s *way* cute for summer. (via AlleySinai)
6. Blake Lively-Inspired: We’re willing to try just about anything that’s inspired by Blake Lively, and this ‘do is no exception. Plus, a braided pony sounds pretty easy, so we’re not complaining. (via Tanya Burr)
8. Messy Side Braid: Take your messy side braid to the next level by making it, um, giant. This how-to shows that wearing a huge braid is totally acceptable, and we’re all about it. (via Fleur De Force)
10. Milkmaid Braids: Milkmaid braids are like the grown-up version of pigtails. Simply braid both sides of your hair, criss cross and secure with bobby pins. It’s that easy! (via Cute Girls Hairstyles)
12. Heat-Proof Hairstyles: Hairstyles that last all day in hot weather can be somewhat of a challenge. Check out Kalyn Nicholson’s heat-proof summer hairstyles to beat the heat. A braided pony and flower crowns? *watches instantly* (via Kalyn Nicholson)
13. 2-Minute Bubble Bun: Remember when we said we’ll never say no to a topknot? Well, we’ll also never say no to an easy bun. This bubble bun is simple to achieve, and it only takes two minutes. Two. Minutes. (via MakeupWearables Hairstyles)
14. Easy, No-Heat Styles: That’s right. We have more no-heat hairstyles to show you because you can never have too many. We’re ready to try all of these as soon as the weather warms up. (via Bethenny Mota)
What’s your favorite way to wear your hair during the warmer months? Tell us in the comments below.