16 Ways to Fight Frizzy Hair
We love summer, but summer doesn’t always love us back. There are sunburns, bug bites, weird tan lines and the worst of them all: frizzy hair. Whether it be adorning our hair with tactfully tied scarves or teasing it until our volume is impressively in place, we’ve come up with 16 humidity-masking hair tricks that will fight the frizz.
1. Scarf Headband ($16): Whether you’re wearing your hair up or down, a scarf headband is a convenient way to add both flair and polish to your look while taming those little flyaway hairs.
3. Coconut Oil: Towel dry your hair, rub in a little bit of coconut oil, and roll it into a bun; when you pull it out, you’ve got a really lovely dried wave and the coconut oil seals it. (via The Every Girl)
5. Rinse Cold: Right before you get out of the shower, blast your strands with the coldest water you can stand. This step will help seal the cuticle, helping to put major frizz like this in its place. (via Bella Sugar)
6. Deep Condition: An intense conditioner is a first start for hair rehab; for best results, apply the conditioner, put on a plastic cap and wrap with a towel for five to 10 minutes. (via Free People)
7. Fine Hair Help: If you have fine hair like Jennifer Aniston, try washing it every two to three days when it’s humid and stay away from heavy conditioners so hair can maintain its body without looking greasy and oily. (via Daily Makeover)
9. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse: The acidity of apple cider vinegar does wonders to smooth frizzy hair, and as an added plus gives it a great healthy shine. Pour it over your hair after shampooing and then rinse with cold water to achieve the ulimate shine. (via Free People)
14. Frizz For Natural Hair: Gals with natural hair like Jordan Sparks should try to avoid alcohol-based products as they tend to dry out hair, which can lead to frizz.
(via The Daily Makeover)
What hair tricks do you use to fight the frizz? Let us know in the comments below!