15 Things to Buy + DIY for a Summer Wedding
So, you just got engaged. You’re set on a summer 2014 wedding and are looking for a little bit of inspiration. You love the idea of a wedding outdoors, from the bohemian style to all sorts of DIY decor. Well, before you find yourself lost on Pinterest, we’ve teamed up again with the Nordstrom Wedding Suite to put together a collection of goodies to buy and DIY, perfect for summertime in the country.
The look we’re going for is one at a vineyard, on a ranch, or in a field in the middle of nowhere. It’s all about a mix of delicate femininity with the rustic elements of the great outdoors.
1. Hailey Paige Cricket ($2,068): Of course, it starts with the dress. We love this lacy frock by California-born designer Hailey Paige. It’s the perfect combination of rustic elegance and sophisticated style.
2. Crystal Scroll Bangle ($168): Next up, you’ve gotta have a little arm candy. We’re going with warm golds, beiges, and creams for this country wedding look.
3. Pave Bangle ($80): For your bridesmaids, a set of bangles that complements your statement piece.
4. Kate Spade Crystal Corsage Studs ($48): Earrings are a good place to go for your “something old” but we also love these simple studs as an understated option.
5. Tropical Flower Hair Clip ($36): What you decide to add to your ‘do can totally change the tone of your look. This hair clip is flirty, exotic, and reminds us of being shipwrecked… in the most romantic way possible ;)
6. Nina Duchess Veil ($798): This classic veil, on the other hand, creates that iconic bridal silhouette you likely dreamed of as a little girl.
7. Wildflower Hair Wreath ($65): Or, you can go for the full boho look with a flower crown! This is also a great option for the reception if you don a veil during the ceremony.
8. Embellished Illusion Back Sheath Dress ($199): If you plan on dancing until dawn, you’re probably going to want to change into an after party dress. This is perfect for dancing under the stars and still has that refined bridal vibe.
9. Pandora Peep Toe Bootie ($299): Also for a night of dancing, these comfy booties will stay put under your dress and look hot with that after party dress.
10. Statement Necklace Clutch: You definitely need a place to keep your lip gloss, phone, and any other pocket-size essentials. We created this gorgeous piece by combining a plain white clutch with a statement necklace. (via Brit + Co.)
11. Oscar de la Renta Rosette Chemises ($72): And after the after party starts the honeymoon! We love the blush tone of this delicate chemise.
14. Cactus Planters: For another centerpiece hack, you can take any planter and add gold stripes to it for a gilded look. Plant cactus well before the wedding and you won’t have to worry about last minute arrangements. (via Brit + Co.)
Bonus! Bliss Monique Lhuillier: OK, we just have to share one more dress. Did you guys know that the Nordstrom Wedding Suite now carries Bliss Monique Lhuillier? Well they do, and the dresses are ah-mazing.
What are your must-haves and must-makes for your dream summer wedding? Tell us in the comments below.
Brought to you by the Nordstrom Wedding Suite.