Whether you’re a football fan or are more interested in the Super Bowl snacks, Super Bowl decorations and the halftime show (hello again, Beyoncé!), the hype is unavoidable. No watch party would be complete without delicious food to munch on the whole time. If you’re throwing together a quick snack mix — whether you’re aiming for sweet and salty candy bar flavors or are going extra spicy with wasabi peas and hot sauce — there are options to please everyone. Here are 14 tasty snack mixes your guests are sure to cheer for.
1. Mexican Spice Cheese Crackers: Cilantro and taco seasoning are all you need to give plain cheese crackers a major upgrade. And since this only take 20 minutes to whip up, you’ll be able to make enough to keep your guests snacking happily for the entire game. (via The Cookie Rookie)
2. Wasabi Pea + Popcorn Mix: Next time you make bacon for breakfast, save the extra bacon fat and use it to flavor your popcorn to give your snack mix an extra boost of flavor. Toss in some wasabi peas, pretzels, peanuts and crackers and you’ll have a game-winning combination. (via How Sweet Eats)
3. Tropical Trail Mix: Serve up this sweet and salty snack and your friends won’t be able to get enough. Made with almonds, banana chips, dried fruit, dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes, this snack mix couldn’t be easier to put together. Pro tip: Give your guests their very own mason jar to fill up with snacks and take leftovers (assuming there are any) home with them. (via Recipe Runner)
4. Orange Cranberry Mix: This party snack is laced with cranberries and an unexpected hint of orange. To make, toss dry cereal with slivered almonds and dried cranberries. Melt butter, brown sugar and orange juice concentrate for a sweet sauce that ties the mix all together, then bake until crispy. (via Diethood)
5. Samoa Snack Mix: Your favorite Girl Scout cookie just became your new go-to snack mix. This irresistable flavor combination starts with a gooey caramel sauce that gets poured over cereal and pretzels. Top with shredded coconut and a chocolate drizzle, then dig in. (via Chew Out Loud)
6. Tequila Lime Chex Mix: Give this classic party mix a margarita twist with a splash of tequila, lime juice and seasoned salt. Toss in some tortilla strips and lime zest for an extra kick of Mexican flavor. (via Gimme Some Oven)
7. Espresso Snack Mix: The dark chocolate-covered espresso beans are the star of this snack mix. Once your guests taste the espresso powder glaze, walnuts and white chocolate chips, no one will care who wins the game. (via My Baking Addiction)
8. Potato Chip Pretzel Caramel Corn: In addition to the classic bowl of chips, serve up this sweet and salty mix that your friends will go gaga over. You can’t go wrong pairing salty favorites like potato chips, pretzels and popcorn with melted white and dark chocolate. Go team, go. (via Food Babbles)
9. Spicy + Salty Snack Mix: With a range of crunchy snacks like corn chips, wasabi peas and even dried ramen noodles, this snack mix has it all. Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick and you won’t be able to stop eating this tasty treat. (via Food 52)
10. Sweet + Spicy Rosemary Bar Nuts: A few jars of assorted nuts are taken to the next level thanks to a mix of herbs and spices like fresh rosemary, cayenne pepper and cumin. Roast the nuts for 10-15 minutes, then add a sprinkle of coarse sea salt as soon as the nuts come out of the oven to balance out the flavors. (via Good Life Eats)
11. Salty Churro Toffee Snack Mix: Sweet, salty and full of cinnamony goodness… this one’s too good to pass up. Start with plain oyster crackers and cover them with a brown sugar and cinnamon glaze. Bake and then cover the crackers with cinnamon sugar for a nice crunch. Be sure to double your batch, because this won’t last long. (via Cookie and Cups)
12. Almond Joy Snack Mix: Your favorite candy bar just a game-time snack upgrade, full of shredded coconut, chocolate cereal, almonds and chocolate chips. Prepare this mix ahead of time so you’ll be ready for kickoff. (via My Recipe Magic)
13. Ultimate Reese’s Snack Mix: No one will be able to resist this candy-filled treat. And since there’s absolutely no baking involved, you’ll be chowing down in no-time. Not a PB and chocolate lover? Feel free to switch up the candy. This would be great with almond M&M’s or fruity Skittles. (via Mommy on Demand)
14. Taco Snack Mix: For a trophy-winning mix that pairs perfectly with your bestie’s famous guac, combine three different types of crackers and a handful of peanuts with some taco seasoning. Hurry and grab some, because once your friends get a taste, it’ll be gone in seconds. (via Plain Chicken)
What kind of snack mix are you making to munch on during the Super Bowl this Sunday? Snap a pic and tag us on Instagram @britandco.