In less than a week the nation will be going nuts over the Harbowl! This year’s Super Bowl is sure to be a legendary one, with the Harbaugh brothers going head to head and our very own 49ers giving it their all. To properly enjoy the game (and its awesome commercials), you’ve gotta have solid eats. Here are a dozen savory snacks perfect for for Super Bowl Sunday.
1. Football-Shaped Zucchini Fritters: How adorable are these? We’d love to do a whole series of veggie fritters with this theme in mind. (via Hungry Happenings)
2. Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread: What do you get when you add buffalo chicken to monkey bread? This delicious-looking concoction. (via Host the Toast)
3. Mini Corn Dog Muffins: A new take on the corn dog, in mini form! (via Iowa Girl Eats)
4. Mini 7 Layer Dip Tostadas: Forget the hunt for that perfectly long tortilla chip that magically picks up all 7 layers of your 7 layer dip – put it all in one in bite. (via Brit + Co.)
5. Pizza Pretzel Poppers: Wow. Adding these to our must-make-now list ;) (via Will Cook For Friends)
6. Buffalo Fried Goat Cheese: Not jamming on buffalo chicken? Make buffalo goat cheese instead. (via A Bittersweet Wife)
7. Spinach Pockets: Need a little more veggie? DIY hot pockets to the rescue. (via Cooking with My Kid)
8. Buffalo Chicken Wontons: Such a fun and different take on buffalo chicken. (via The Improv Kitchen)
9. Loaded Rosemary Fries with Beer-Braised Beef: The title of this dish kind of says it all. So. Much. Flavor. (via Busy Mommy)
10. Chili Cheese Twists: Love the ease of this recipe – it definitely lends itself to some culinary improv. (via Butter Baking)
11. Super Sliders: Inside out cheeseburger sliders, pulled pork with chipotle slaw, and portobello pesto. Done. (via Brit + Co.)
12. Pigs + Peppers in Bed: Our take on the classic pigs-in-a-blanket. Snuggle up! (via Brit + Co.)
What are you serving this Sunday? Any favorite football foods we should try? Talk to us in the comments below.