This Is the New Haircut All the Celebrities Are Asking for
Say goodbye to long bobs, affectionately dubbed the lob, and say hello to your favorite new hairstyle of 2015: “The Swag.” This hairstyle pays tribute to looks from rock stars of the ‘80s, but also adds a pinch of sophistication with long layers and peek-a-boo bangs. To achieve this hot new look, ask your stylist for curtain bangs around your face and razor-cut layers on the remainder of your hair. If you are dying to see how this swag hairstyle has been worn by your favorite celebs, check out these 10 ladies who rocked the look with ease.
1. Suki Waterhouse: Suki perfected the swag hairstyle on her golden tresses by adding the perfect half-moon bangs. They’re longer on the outer edges than in the center, softening up her face. (Photos via Anthony Harvey Stringer/Getty)
2. Alexa Chung: Alexa was one of the first celebrities who introduced us to this look. She has mastered the cut by giving it a bed-head appearance and fewer layers. (Photos via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
3. Kerry Washington: Our favorite Scandal darling has taken the style up a notch by adding highlights and sleek beach wave curls. As Olivia would say, “It’s handled!” (Photos via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
4. Taylor Swift: Taylor wears her wavy swag at the perfect medium length, all while adding serious volume to her layers. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Rihanna: In typical Rihanna fashion, she adds edge by mixing visible dark roots and platinum blonde hair. Curly-haired gals, here’s your guide to conquering this hairstyle. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Lea Michele: Looking to wear your swag short, but afraid to chop off your long locks? Try wearing a faux bob by tucking away your long hair, just like Lea Michele. Be sure that you have fringe bangs and front layers to complete the look. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Edie Campbell: Edie has taken the traditional approach with this style by keeping it ’80s chic and adding short, choppy layers throughout the front of her hair. (Photos via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
8. Michelle Williams: Michelle is wearing her own version of the style with long, peek-a-boo bangs to accompany her golden curls. (Photos via Andrew H. Walker/Getty)
9. Behati Prinsloo: The Nambian model Behati sports this iconic style in true Victoria’s Secret fashion: with long, alluring tresses and uneven layers. (Photos via @behatiprinsloo)
10. Dakota Johnson: Dakota has perfected the swag haircut at every length. However, our favorite version is with her longer bangs and deep brown color. (Photos via Getty Images/Dimitrious Kambouris)
Are you dying to give the swag hairstyle a try? If so, let us know in the comments below!