Glowing, glistening, shimmering — whatever you want to call it, summertime sweat is a major issue for most of us. It creates unwanted oil slicks, melts makeup and even shortens the life of a blowout (which is basically a disaster for all those warm-weather events coming up). Well, we’re not going to stand for it anymore! From head to toe, these beauty products will fight the good fight, keeping you dry and presentable all summer long.
1. Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation ($35): When the sun’s beating down on your morning commute, a matte foundation with staying power is an absolute must. This one lasts 24 hours and can be layered without getting too cakey.
2. Lush T’eo Deodorant ($9): B.O. is the worst, so stop it before it starts with this unusual deodorant bar. It’s packed with odor-fighting essential oils, which fight against the bacteria responsible for that all-too-familiar underarm smell.
3. Pinrose Starter Kit Petal Perfume Pack ($9): These daily-use perfume sachets are perfect for smelling pretty on the go.
4. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer ($15): Need all the shine help you can get in the warmer weather? This primer absorbs any excess oil you’ve got going on, reduces the appearance of your pores and helps your makeup stay put.
5. Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45 ($30): You know the drill: Sunscreen. All. The. Time. If you already have a full face of makeup, a brush-on SPF applicator is genius.
6. Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo ($14): As tempting as it may be to take another shower after a particularly sticky day, save that water and freshen up your limp hair with dry shampoo. Better yet, try making your own!
7. Whish Deodorant Swipes With Hair Inhibitor ($22): These wipes fight two of summer’s biggest beauty challenges: B.O. and unwanted hair.
8. Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color ($24): Go waterproof to make sure your lovely lipstick doesn’t end up all over your summer cocktail glass.
9. Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Illuminating Moisturizer ($32): For those sunny days when you want to keep it light, stick to a tinted moisturizer or BB cream that comes with built-in sun protection.
10. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer ($48): A little bit of highlighting here, some concealing over there and maybe some contouring — all of that’s doable with this one waterproof product.
11. Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo ($40): Photo-ready contouring already requires A LOT of makeup, so the last thing you want is all to ruin all of that hard blending work when you start to break a sweat. Use a lighter hand and opt for a waterproof contour duo.
12. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($12): No more slipping and sliding! This fan-favorite primer holds your shadows in place so you can still rock a summer smokey eye.
13. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Tease Mascara & Mini Liner ($18): Cat eyes are way less dramatic when they’re smudged all over your face. Make sure that when they go on, they STAY on.
14. LA FRESH Travel Lite Antiperspirant Wipes ($2): We all know that moment when you realize you forgot to swipe on deodorant in the AM. Oh. Em. Stinky. Gee. Thank goodness these wipes are discreet enough to stash in your purse or desk drawer.
15. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($23): Brush a light layer of translucent setting powder over your finished face to reduce shine from the get-go.
16. Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray ($30): Your makeup is not going anywhere after a misting from this cooling spray, which uses a time-released temperature control.
17. DevaCurl Mist-er Right ($20): Summer frizz, would you please get out of our hair? Start by spritzing this lavender-infused spray onto your curls to bring back their bounce and freshen your scalp without dry shampoo.
18. Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade ($18): It’s more like eyebrows on EEK! when your brow filler starts to melt. This pomade fights humidity so both brows and color stay put.
19. Jack Black Performance Remedy Dry Down Friction-Free Powder ($20): Guys aren’t the only ones who experience some friction! Pat this talc-free powder wherever you need it, whether you’re working up a sweat or just stuck on the most sweltering commuter train.
20. Mio Gym Kit ($29): Skip the post-workout shower thanks to this kit, which comes with 10 cleansing face and body wipes plus a cooling, muscle-relaxing gel.
21. The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray ($10): Sometimes you’ve gotta let those puppies breathe. But that shouldn’t mean your coworkers have to hold their breath. Spritz on this deodorizing spray to soothe your tired toes.
22. Hollywood Fashion Secrets Garment Shields ($10): If excessive sweating is just in your genes, apply these moisture-wicking adhesives to the underarms of your shirts for a quick fix.
23. Clean + Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets ($5): Blotting papers are a must-have in every summer clutch.
Which products can’t you live without during the hot summer months? Share your sweat-proof secrets in the comments!