As a creative, modern bride, you’ve surely spent hours brainstorming the perfect DIY centerpieces, lighting options and out-of-the-box venues for your wedding reception. One thing you might not have considered, though, is how to give your sweetheart table a special, one-of-a-kind look. Fear not, because we’ve got you covered with 10 non-traditional design ideas. From neon accents to lovely lanterns, these table toppers and decorations will have you wining, dining and stealing smooches in a unique style all your own.
1. Marquee Initials Sweetheart Table: See your initials, or even your full name, in bright lights by displaying marquee letters in front of the sweetheart table. You can also add paper flowers to the wall as a pretty and playful backdrop. (via Onelove Photography)
2. Rustic Woodland Sweetheart Table: Say “I do” beneath a rustic wooden canopy, then position your sweetheart table in front of it throughout the reception. Featuring candles and a flowing white table runner, this romantic design is perfect for a woodland wedding during the fall. (via Noi Tran Photography)
3. Neon Accent Sweetheart Table: Neon streamers and geometric mini cakes look especially striking when you’ve got muted gray and white shades in the background. Steal this look for a modern affair, and don’t even think about forgetting the leopard-print tablecloth. (via Paige Newton Photography)
4. Glam Gold Sweetheart Table: Get ready for your close-up, because the paparazzi – or at least your friends, relatives and wedding photographer – won’t be able to resist crowding around this flashy table to snap some pictures. The sequined gold tablecloth, plus pink, red and white florals, deliver a Hollywood-chic vibe. (via Megan Welker Photography)
5. Neon + Neutral Sweetheart Table: Pair a beige tablecloth with frosted pink, yellow and orange vases for a colorful neon look that isn’t too over the top. As seen here, you can further punch things up with complementary pinwheel chair decorations. (via Amanda Watson)
6. Mint + Peach Sweetheart Table: Speaking of chair decorations, how cute are these “Mr.” and “Mrs.” signs? Attach your own to mint-colored seats, then top the table with peach flowers and a spiffy chevron runner for some truly eclectic styling. (via Paul Von Rieter)
7. Vintage Elegance Sweetheart Table: When it’s vintage elegance you’re after, plush thrones, a crystal chandelier and gold details are definite winners. Skip the traditional ballroom setting and take your celebration outside to create contrast and make things that much more imaginative. (via Chelsea Mitchell Photo)
8. Country Chic Sweetheart Table: A floral runner, tall candles and old-fashioned loveseat look especially stylish in front of weathered wooden doors. Display a fringed lampshade in the background as a quirky, unexpected touch. (via Jennifer Weems Photography)
9. Bold Stripes Sweetheart Table: We love that this couple chose to forgo the typical winter wedding and change things up with a preppy black and white tablecloth and pomegranate place settings. Whatever time of year you’re tying the knot, think outside the box and make the celebration a true reflection of your own personal style. (via Landon Jacob Photography)
10. Lovely Lantern Sweetheart Table: Surround your table with different sized lanterns to create visual interest during the day and a gorgeous glow at night. From feminine flowers and lace to rustic greenery and wood, these dreamy details will have everyone swooning. (via Joel Maus + Lorely Meza for Studio EMP)
Which sweetheart table design do you like best? Share your thoughts below.