16 Ways to Cover + Protect Your iPad or Kindle
We like big books and we cannot lie. But let’s face it, lugging those big books around is not so fun. Thankfully, the wonderful world of eReaders and tablets have become a pretty big deal over the years. Now the issue we all face is how to protect that investment (after all, it’s not a library rental). We found 16 cool covers that take your iPad and Kindle to a safe, chic place. So you can now read your creative books, dating books or any other books with a clear frame of mind.
1. Dodo Case Elementals Collection ($85): Our resident pup, Turkey Temple, loves these cases for their durable quality and oh-so-colorful hues.
3. No-Sew Tablet Case: Never worry about having that cover everyone else has. DIY it instead with this 10-minute case. Pick two fabrics you love (we recommend a solid and a pattern), grab some hemming tape and fasteners, and boom! You’ll have a super unique, on-trend case.
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Canvas Tablet Case ($56): Marc knows how to make a statement with everything he does, and this iPad cover is no different. Made of coated canvas to protect from spillage, this mixed pattern case is perfect for taking to and from work.
5. Woouf Analogic iPad Sleeve ($32): Calling all vintage camera lovers: This sleeve is for you. Keep your iPad safe and sound with a sleeve that replicates an analog camera. If this doesn’t make you smile, we don’t know what will.
6. DIY Composition Book iPad Cover: Seeing a composition book brings back so many memories. Whether they’re for school or to write your own stories in, these black and white books look super chic and tell the world you’re creative. This project is easy, and most importantly, super cheap. (via Lil Blue Boo)
7. Della Purple Soaring iPad Case ($42): A case with a cause. Della is a female-run company that helps communities in West Africa find jobs and get education and training. So when you buy this vegan case made from sustainable materials, you can feel good about flaunting it.
8. Personalized iPad Case ($70): Make a sentimental statement with your case. Personalize the color and pics and make it all about you and your loved ones. We must say, this also makes the perfect gift (hint, hint).
9. Belkin LEGO Case ($36): What’s not to love about this case? It’s super bright and colorful and brings back some great memories. Sadly, LEGO pieces are not included, but you can always borrow some from the kiddos in your life.
10. Kate Spade iPad Folio Hardcase ($85): We couldn’t have said it better ourselves, Kate. Made of coated canvas, this hard case will leave you (and others) smiling every single time you reach for it. Now who’s hungry for cake?
11. Kindle Fire Hardcover Case ($32): This super lightweight case is made of recyclable materials and will fit any Kindle. It’s also sprayed with Scotch Guard, so you don’t have to worry about coffee spills… or wine spills.
12. Cool Story Bro Kindle Case ($48): Wise words both inside and out. With this case, you can customize the font and background color to your liking. And you can even update the text on the front. But why would you do that?
13. Atlas Waterproof Kindle Paperwhite Case ($70): Reading outside by the pool is like the best idea ever. And with the weather finally warming up, we have our swimsuit on standby for poolside reading. To protect your eReader from all the splish-splashing, this case makes Kindle Paperwhites waterproof for up to 6 feet of water for 30 minutes.
14. Mini Keeper for Kindle Paperwhite ($55): This is a classic beauty. Made using traditional bindery techniques and covered in Spanish-bonded leather and a birch frame, this is a case you’ll want to show off. Plus, it’s available in 3 colors (brown, blue and red). Decisions, decisions.
15. Padded Kindle Sleeve ($24): This sleeve fits pretty much every Kindle under the sun. Made of padded cloth, it will keep your device protected from scratches, drops and whatever else happens in life. It also includes two exterior pockets for pens, paper and even your phone.
16. KleverCase Kindle Paperwhite Case ($35): While we do love our Kindle, we must say, we miss the look of a book. Problem solved, thanks to this case. Not only does it protect from scratches and spillage, it also serves as way to deter theft because it looks like an old book, not a fancy kindle. Take that, thieves.
How do you protect your prized Kindle or iPad? Tell us in the comments below.