Upgrade Your Fave Childhood Snack With These 14 Taquitos Recipes
Along with hot dogs, grilled cheese and pizza, taquitos are among our fave childhood bites. The cheesy warm goodness and the yummy chicken or beef would fill us up — for an hour or two anyway. Now that we’re all grown up, taquitos have fallen off the menu (bummer!) — but that’s about to change. We all get tired of making the same quesadilla recipes over and over, so we’ve pulled together 14 delicious taquitos recipes that will leave you feeling a little nostalgic and a lot hungry.
1. Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos: Getting moving in the morning is never easy, but these fun bites are sure to change that. With just four ingredients, you’ll have the perfect meal to keep you full until lunchtime. (via Tastes Better from Scratch)
2. Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos: Planning your next backyard luau? Make sure you put these guys on the menu. They’re super simple to make — just toss the ingredients in your trusty crock pot. (via Creme de la Crumb)
3. Baked Buffalo Chickpea and Artichoke Vegan Taquitos: If you’re looking for a healthy vegan option, this taquito recipe is definitely for you. This snack oozes flavor with its cheesy butternut sauce and buffalo spice. (via Veggie Inspired)
4. Cilantro Lime Salmon Taquitos: Cilantro lovers, this one’s for you. Mix together some salmon, cilantro, lime and cheese and toss it in the oven for a meal that will have you feeling like you’re in Mexico (or at least a really good Mexican restaurant). (via Closet Cooking)
5. Crispy Baked Avocado Hummus Taquitos: A Mediterranean dish with a Mexican twist? Don’t mind if we do. Pro tip: Make a few extra and store them in the fridge to snack on all week long. (via The Wholesome Dish)
6. Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Taquitos: Sweet and savory make for a perfectly delicious combo. Throw together these bad boys for an amazing appetizer that’s perfect for your next backyard BBQ. (via Carlsbad Craving)
12. Baked Black Bean Taquitos: Veggies FTW! If you’re searching for a veggie-licious dish that’s sure to make a splash at any of your get-togethers, then these protein-packed bad boys are a win. (via Naturally Ella)
13. Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Taquitos: These taquitos are stuffed to the brim with cream cheese and chicken. Top them off with a touch of jalapeño to make a dish that is simply irresistible. (via Creme de la Crumb)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer recipe ideas.