Upgrade Your Fave Childhood Snack With These 14 Taquitos Recipes
Along with hot dogs, grilled cheese and pizza, taquitos are among our fave childhood bites. The cheesy warm goodness and the yummy chicken or beef would fill us up — for an hour or two anyway. Now that we’re all grown up, taquitos have fallen off the menu (bummer!) — but that’s about to change. We all get tired of making the same quesadilla recipes over and over, so we’ve pulled together 14 delicious taquitos recipes that will leave you feeling a little nostalgic and a lot hungry.
1. Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos: Getting moving in the morning is never easy, but these fun bites are sure to change that. With just four ingredients, you’ll have the perfect meal to keep you full until lunchtime. (via Tastes Better from Scratch)
2. Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos: Planning your next backyard luau? Make sure you put these guys on the menu. They’re super simple to make — just toss the ingredients in your trusty crock pot. (via Creme de la Crumb)
3. Baked Buffalo Chickpea and Artichoke Vegan Taquitos: If you’re looking for a healthy vegan option, this taquito recipe is definitely for you. This snack oozes flavor with its cheesy butternut sauce and buffalo spice. (via Veggie Inspired)
4. Cilantro Lime Salmon Taquitos: Cilantro lovers, this one’s for you. Mix together some salmon, cilantro, lime and cheese and toss it in the oven for a meal that will have you feeling like you’re in Mexico (or at least a really good Mexican restaurant). (via Closet Cooking)
5. Crispy Baked Avocado Hummus Taquitos: A Mediterranean dish with a Mexican twist? Don’t mind if we do. Pro tip: Make a few extra and store them in the fridge to snack on all week long. (via The Wholesome Dish)
6. Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Chicken Taquitos: Sweet and savory make for a perfectly delicious combo. Throw together these bad boys for an amazing appetizer that’s perfect for your next backyard BBQ. (via Carlsbad Craving)
12. Baked Black Bean Taquitos: Veggies FTW! If you’re searching for a veggie-licious dish that’s sure to make a splash at any of your get-togethers, then these protein-packed bad boys are a win. (via Naturally Ella)
13. Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Taquitos: These taquitos are stuffed to the brim with cream cheese and chicken. Top them off with a touch of jalapeño to make a dish that is simply irresistible. (via Creme de la Crumb)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)