We’re not going to deny our fondness for grilled cheese, but sometimes we’re looking for something similar with a little extra fiesta-ready flair. Enter, the quesadilla. These 20 tortilla sandwiches are positively cheesy, and feature a slew of fabulous fillings from the traditional to a few cross-cultural fusions. Each wedge is as tough to resist as the next — enjoy.
2. Texas BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas With Vinegar Slaw: Don’t mess with these Texas BBQ quesadillas. They’re totally packed with pulled pork perfection. (via Snixy Kitchen)
3. Avocado Quesadillas: It’s incredible how only two ingredients can yield absolutely outstanding quesadillas. But when we’re talking about avocado and cheese, we probably shouldn’t be too surprised. (via La Cuisine d’Helene)
4. Peach, Burrata, Bacon Quesadilla: This open-face ‘dilla is killing it in the flavor department. Peaches, bacon, cream-filled mozzarella plus some chopped basil and pistachios? #Swoon (via Running to the Kitchen)
5. Spicy Chicken Quesadillas with Corn, Black Beans and Caramelized Onions: With all of those fillings stuffed between two tortillas, you better believe this is one well-balanced meal. (via Domesticate Me)
6. Blackened Shrimp, Bacon and Green Onion Quesadilla: Sure, the filling may take a little extra effort. But you’ll recoup all that time spent by popping this quesadilla into a hot oven instead of having to watch it like a hawk on the stovetop. (via Lorie’s Mississippi Kitchen)
10. Margarita Pizza Quesadilla: By now, there are probably more original ways to enjoy the flavors of margarita pizza out there than there are days in a week. It’s definitely a good thing. (via Innocent Delight)
11. Apple Sweet Potato Quesadilla With Goat Cheese: Loaded with contrasting textures and layers of flavor, this creamy-crunchy-tangy-sweet quesadilla is undoubtedly unique in the best way possible. (via Hello Natural)
12. Chicken Enchilada Taco Quesadillas: Check out this fusion of three faves — enchiladas, tacos and quesadillas. We can’t be the only ones who are dying to dig into this outrageous stack. (via Cooking for Keeps)
14. Margarita Chicken Quesadilla With Margarita Guacamole: Featuring tequila in both the chicken and guac, this quesadilla is begging for a delicious marg to wash it down. Talk about an amazing agave-inspired trifecta. (via Half Baked Harvest)
15. Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Prosciutto Quesadillas: Here, a smattering of prosciutto adds just enough je ne sais quoi without overpowering the sweet onions and mild mushrooms. (via Kitchen Simplicity)
16. Crab and Avocado Quesadillas With Mango Salsa: Not many folks could be crabby if presented with this tropical-flavor-packed quesadilla. It might just be the perfect pick-me-up. (via Prevention RD)
17. Nicaraguan-Style Repochetas (Quesadilla-Tacos): Check it out — here’s the long lost cousin of the quesarito (quesadilla-burrito). The melty cheese-filled “shell” works beautifully with the tangy slaw, cilantro and a drizzle of creama stuffed inside. Yo quiero quesarito. (via Bitchin’ Camero)
19. Key West Spicy Chicken Quesadillas: These ginger–sriracha chicken quesadillas are enjoyable cooked up in any kitchen. Whether it’s a ski cabin, beachside shack or any place in between, these gooey little wedges are bound please your tastebuds anywhere and everywhere. (via The Iron You)
When it comes to quesadillas, do you like to keep it classic with a simple cheese and tortilla pairing, or do you tend switch things up a bit? Share your creative, cheesy combos with us below!