5 Dreamy Trips to Take With Your Tax Refund
Tax season is here, so consider spending part of your refund on a well-deserved vacation. After all, money is no fun if you can’t enjoy it! From the beaches of Hawaii to the jungles of Guadalajara, there are creative ways to make your dream destination fit into your budget. Not sure where to burn all those extra dollars? Here are five once-in-a-lifetime trips — all under $2,000 — that you can take with your brand new paycheck. Bon voyage, tax refund travelers!
1. Mexico: Take an eight-day Mexican Fiesta adventure through the most beautiful parts of the country with social travel company Contiki. Things kick off in Puerto Vallarta before heading inland to zip-line through the jungles of Guadalajara. After that, travelers sip on the flavors of Mexico in the region of Tequila, finally ending the trip in the eclectic Mexico City. The vacation starts at $1,475 and includes an expert trip manager, local guides, 10 meals, and air-conditioned transportation. Round-trip flights from New York City start at only $312.
2. Thailand: Soak in the turquoise waters and embrace the magical landscapes of Thailand by setting sail for seven days among the country’s best beaches. On Intrepid’s Phuket Sailing Adventure, starting at $1,465, travelers sail round-trip from Phuket through Phang Nga Bay to explore remote islands that are barely touched by other visitors. There’s even a dedicated onboard chef who whips up Thai cuisines daily. Round-trip flights from Los Angeles start at approximately $600.
3. Bali, Indonesia: Take your tax refund all the way across the world to the magical province of Bali. With its volcanoes, islands, and temples, there’s tons of culture to be explored. Bali is also a super-budget-friendly destination, so it’s easy to visit the island and not worry about spending. Right now, fall round-trip flights from New York City start at only $588, and you can rent a suite or an eco-friendly bamboo home on Airbnb for as low as $35 a night.
4. Hawaii: As far as tropical destinations go, it’s hard to top Hawaii‘s mix of white sand beaches, breathtaking sunsets, vibrant culture, and natural beauty. The best part is, the destination is so diverse that it’s equally fitting for a romantic honeymoon, solo adventure, culinary escape, or fun family vacation. Book one of Hawaiian Airline’s trip packages that include round-trip flights to Honolulu and five-night accommodations starting at only $935.
5. Ireland and Great Britain: Why not live like royalty and explore five different countries with your tax refund? With value travel company Costsaver’s 10-day Britain and Ireland Delight, you’ll get the chance to enjoy stunning landmarks and scenery across the UK and Republic of Ireland, from rolling green hills to royal castles. On this itinerary, you’ll take in the views while cruising along Lake Windermere, explore Shakespeare’s charming hometown, and relax in an authentic Roman bath in England’s glorious city of Bath. The trip starts at $1,116 and includes nine nights of accommodations, multiple meals, transportation, and tours led by local experts. Round-trip flights from New York City to London start as low as $315.
(Photos via Getty)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.