Morning Buzz! Taylor Swift’s Cat at a Party Is All of Us + More
Come to the party, they said
It will be fun, they said pic.twitter.com/9jXvtDljZB
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) April 15, 2016
2. Liam Hemsworth says he and Miley Cyrus are not engaged, actually. It’s been rumored for a few months that Miley and Liam had rekindled their relationship, and Miley was even seen sporting that giant diamond engagement ring. Just a few days ago, the pair snuck into the LA premiere of The Huntsman together. But in a new interview with TV Week, Liam very bluntly states that he is not, in fact, engaged. “I am not engaged, no,” he said. Hm. Okay then. Could this just be a master move of deception, just straight up LYING to the nosy press? I never! (via TV Week, photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
3. Rihanna is launching a full makeup line. While there aren’t a lot of details on the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton line yet, we do know that it will be called Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, and that it will be available in the fall of 2017. “Fenty Beauty by Rihanna is a beauty rocket ship that will appeal to a huge and diverse global audience,” a spokesperson said. “We are aiming for the stars.” And we are aiming for this thing to make us just as cool and flawlessly beautiful as Rihanna, soooo, no pressure. (via WWD, photo via Bryan Bedder/Getty)
4. Instagram will keep your Coachella FOMO at bay with this new addition. Or, wait, maybe it’ll make it worse? Either way, with the massive music festival kicking off this weekend, you’ll have the option of watching the custom Coachella video channel on the newly redesigned Explore page. Instagram says it’ll be curated to feature “the top behind-the-scenes Instagram moments, through the eyes of Coachella’s biggest performers and headlining acts” and “top trending videos that capture Coachella weekend’s best moments.” Okay, but what about a mani cam? (via Billboard)
5. These mesmerizing dogs running to their water hole for a drink are all of us running to the weekend. We made it, guys.
6. Quote of the day: “Life is better with dogs.” — Drew Barrymore at the annual ASPCA Bergh Ball (via ET)
Share your favorite TGIF pet moments with us @BritandCo!
(Featured image via @taylorswift)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)