10 Thanksgiving-Themed Baby Food Options
Your baby wants nothing to do with that perfectly Pinteresting turkey sitting in the middle of your overtly Instagrammable Thanksgiving table. But that doesn’t mean your little love shouldn’t dine with the rest of the family on turkey day. Instead of their regular baby food picks, serve up a menu of holiday-themed selections so everyone can enjoy a little bit of the Thanksgiving feast.
1. Earth’s Best Vegetable Turkey Dinner Baby Food ($32, Pack of 12): Well, it is Thanksgiving. Even though baby isn’t dining on a wing or leg, they can get in on the total turkey action. This organic stage 2 baby food is made for infants age six months and over. The thicker consistency gives baby more textures to explore with the turkey taste. Don’t worry about your baby missing their veggies — this comes with carrots too.
2. Plum Organics Sweet Potato Baby Food ($14): Thanksgiving requires a side of sweet potatoes. And that’s just what this organic pick is. Sweet potatoes in a pouch are the perfect slurp-able side dish for your new eater’s first Thanksgiving. Along with the organic yumminess of this sweet selection, the potatoes come in a non-BPA, child-safe pack.
3. Ella’s Kitchen Very Very Tasty Vegetable Bake with Lentils Baby Food ($6): Plenty of parents celebrate turkey day minus the actual turkey. If your family is vegetarian, this veggie bake (with lentils) pick has a fab fall flavor that will go with any Thanksgiving meal.
4. Yumi Kabocha Squash Baby Food: Yumi is a meal delivery service that brings delicious goodness right to your door. Yumi’s nutritionists can pick meals for your little one, or you can choose what you want your baby to eat. Add the squash starter to the 5-, 10-, or 20-jar package. Mix the jars, creating an awesomely organic Thanksgiving veggie menu that includes kale, beets, and carrots.
5. NurturMe Power Blends Organic Baby Food Pouch, Apple + Pumpkin + Beet ($9): Your baby can’t have pumpkin pie. And nope, there’s no apple pie in the near future either. This organic power blend comes close, though, and it’s gluten-, dairy-, soy-, and egg-free.
6. Once Upon a Farm Baby Bear Butternut Baby Food: Co-Founded by actress (and mama) Jennifer Garner, Once Upon a Farm’s organic, cold-pressed baby foods are healthy and tasty. Set aside the grown-up squash and give your culinary kiddo this pint-sized version of the Thanksgiving staple. If you order via the company’s website, you can save by choosing a 24-pack subscription service.
7. Happy Baby Organics Hearty Meals: Root Vegetables & Turkey with Quinoa ($17, Pack of 16): The name pretty much says it all — gobble, gobble. The root veggie and turkey combo is all Thanksgiving and all organic. And bonus, it also has quinoa.
8. Beech-Nut Organic Just Pumpkin Baby Food ($14, Pack of 10): Again, it’s kind of all in the name. It’s “just pumpkin.” And on Thanksgiving, that’s just what your kiddo should have. Made for babies age four months and older, this puree is a first food with simple, organic ingredients.
9. Sprout Organic Baby Food Pouches, Garden Vegetables Brown Rice with Turkey ($2, Pack of 6): Buy this Thanksgiving-esque baby food by the pouch or in a $20 pack of 12! Think of this as a turkey day main dish along with sides.
10. Gerber 2nd Foods Sweet Potato, Apple, & Pumpkin Baby Food ($16, Pack of 8): This puree of natural fruits and veggies has all of your favorite fall flavors in one serving; you’ll be tempted to taste a spoonful yourself.
Tweet us your favorite kids’ Thanksgiving recipe picks @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.