The Best Spas & Beauty Treatments for Spring Break in Tulum
One of the best things about traveling is experiencing new cultures — from the food and drinks to the shopping and, of course, the spas. This spring break, we are all about Tulum. The coastal town situated on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula boasts healthy eats, tropical style and holistic treatments. So, on a recent trip, we made it our mission to find the most amazing spas and services. Here are the top relaxing, rejuvenating, and beautifying treatments that Tulum has to offer for your getaway.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Yaan Wellness Energy Spa (@yaanwellness) on
1. Yäan Wellness: Tulum’s most posh wellness destination is definitely Yäan Wellness. Here, guests are treated to a whole host of ultra luxurious services. Another beautifying bonus? Almost all of them include a trip to the healing waters (sauna, steam room, warm and cold pools), which are magical, to say the least. But if your schedule and your budget only allow for one treatment, it has to be the Sobada Maya ($265), a traditional Mayan massage using fresh herbs (grown in the on-site garden).
2. Mayan Clay Spa: Tulum’s original Mayan clay spa and bathhouse harnesses the healing and beautifying powers of — yep, you guest it — Mayan clay. The best part? A 90-minute massage will only set you back $115 (double that if you want to get your romance on with a couples massage)! Unlike most massages that include a rub down with aromatherapeutic oils, this treatment keeps it traditional with tremendously healing Mayan clay. Another element that makes it different is that it dedicates a few moments to focus on the abdomen to promote digestion and balance energy.
3. Maya Spa at Azulik: This seaside spa offers treatments specifically designed to pamper your body and soul with organic products and authentic Mayan rituals. Their signature Mayan Rebirth Ceremony ($280) combines ancient techniques and traditional spa services. First, you’ll enjoy a full body exfoliation, followed by a body wrap with banana leaves and Mayan clay. Next, all your stresses will float away as you’re immersed into a Renaissance bath with a blend of flowers and botanicals. And what better way to end this magical 120-minute treatment than with a rub down?
4. Sanará Spa: In addition to daily yoga (with literally the best beachfront view on the planet), the Sanará Spa offers a wide variety of wellness-boosting, healing, and beautifying therapies. The focus is on pure and natural ingredients. Take their Avocado & Cucumber Wrap ($150) or Coffee & Sugar Scrub ($170). The best part? The Sanará range of products are available for purchase at the on-site wellness center and boutique — so you can take a little piece of paradise home with you.
5. Spa at Maya Tulum Resort: Ready to relax and rejuvenate? Look no further than the Maya Tulum Resort. In addition to daily yoga, this zen paradise offers a full-service spa, where guests can enjoy everything from facials and wraps to healing bodywork and therapeutic treatments rooted in ancient traditions. Want to try out a specialty treatment? Our vote is the Mayan Honey Xuunan Kaab ($140), which uses xunan kaab (zoo-nan carb), local “virgin honey,” prized for its healing abilities. It all starts with a gentle sea salt exfoliation. Next, a warm honey massage deeply detoxifies and revitalizes. Finally, an ultra-relaxing, full body oil massage completes this 80-minute experience.
For more travel inspo, follow us on Pinterest!
(Featured photo via Maya Tulum Resort)