How to Pack for a Warm Weather Getaway for $100 or Less
January brings with it a new year, frigid temps and the promise of two long weekends: MLK and President’s Day (well this is technically in February, but you get the picture). If you’re anything like us, when it comes time to plan for a getaway, our mind goes straight to a warm weather destination — think Miami, Tulum and Panama. But in the dead of winter, it can feel counterintuitive to pack your carry-on with a skimpy bikini, sandals and SPF. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with the beauty and style essentials you can score now to make sure you look resort-ready on your upcoming getaway. And did we mention everything is $100 or less? So you can save your cash for mojitos and massages.
1. Soludos Leather Slotted Thong Sandal ($89): We can’t get enough metallics. Why not add some platinum to the mix? These thongs are guaranteed to turn up the glam on day and night looks.
2. ShowMeYourMumu Mateo Tie Back Top in Peachy Palm ($96): Warm it up with this green and gold palm printed top. The stylish longer length is super flattering. And the best part? The fabric is basically wrinkle-proof, so it’s perfect to throw in your suitcase. Make it a set with the matching shorts.
3. Herbivore Travel Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist ($16): Give your skin a spritz of love with this travel-friendly facial mist. A base of coconut water is infused with hibiscus, rose and aloe vera. It’s perfect to hydrate and soften on the plane, post-flight, after cleansing or apres sun. What’s not to love?
4. Missguided White Stud Detail Halter Bikini Set ($50): Talk about white hot! This halter bikini set, with stud and tassel deets, is giving us major Ibiza vibes.
5. Express Color Block Straw Tote ($60): Carry your essentials in style with this straw tote. The roomy design has plenty of space to hold your towel, SPF, lip balm and a good beach read.
6. Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($7): Practice safe sun with sweat and water-resistant lotion. It combines enviroguard technology and colloidal oatmeal to deliver superior UVA/UVB protection and keep skin hydrated — no matter how much sun, saltwater and sand you may encounter. And for just $7? We’ll take two!
7. Pitusa Pom Pom Festival Dress ($77): This dress was made for dancing and drinking daiquiris! Featuring an off-the-shoulder neckline and colorful pom-pom detailing, this breezy silhouette is equal parts fun and flirty.
8. Roxy Oceanside Print Shorts ($39): Printed shorts are a vacation (and summer) staple. These breezy linen-blend bottoms are complete with a comfy and flattering drawstring waist. And front slant pockets and back patch pockets carry whatever shells and sea glass you may find on your walks along the shore.
9. Steve Madden Orva Embellished Ghillie Wrap Sandal ($70): Every beach babe knows that gladiator sandals are a must. Geometric beading and colorfully framed mirrors add a laid-back allure to this leather wrap style.
10. COOLA Mineral Liplux Spf 30 Summer Crush ($18): Give your pout a pop of color and a dose of protection (SPF 30 to be exact) with COOLA’s cult classic lip balm. This ultra-creamy mineral formula combines organic cupuacu butter and mongongo oil to protect, nourish and condition your pucker.
11. Green Dragon Monterey Cover-Up Pants ($80): These colorful paisley pants are perfect for sunset cocktails. After a long day enjoying some sun and fun, throw on these cool and comfy bottoms and head to the beach bar. Finish the look with a white tank and gladiator sandals.
12. Surf Gypsy Stripe Tassel Cover-Up Poncho ($54): The perfect printed cover-up for the beach or pool. The crisp white fabric and coastal color scheme are simply divine.
13. Samudra Pouch ($68): Go full on t-r-o-p-i-c-a-l! This adorable canvas pouch boasts a photoreal “sunny day” print. The top zip keeps your essentials secure, while the lined interior ensures that the sand and water stay far away from your perfect effects.
16. Topshop Aztec Bikini ($64): The Aztec trend is going strong. Elevate your swimsuit collection with this colorful bikini set. The sporty design makes it great for more adventurous water activities — think stand-up paddleboarding.
17. Indah Fringe Sarong ($53): A sarong is a no-brainer for a coastal getaway. Wrap around your waist while strolling on the beach or tie around your neck for lunch by the pool.
18. Amuse Society Adios Beaches Tank ($29): A staple white tank with a cheeky phrase. Check! Amuse Society has you covered. All that’s left to say is “Adios Beaches.”
19. Seafolly Shady Lady Fedora ($52): Fedor-oh-ya! Block the sun and add some boho beachy allure to your outfit with this raffia fedora, featuring a colorful woven band and frayed edges.
20. Babo Botanicals 3-in-1 Hydrating Face, Hands & Body Wipes – Cucumber & Aloe Vera ($8): Wash away salt water, chlorine, sweat and sand with these all-natural 3-in-1 wipes. Formulated with cucumber and aloe vera, they cleanse, soothe and hydrate even the most sensitive skin.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)