Thanksgiving is the official kickoff to the holiday season, meaning your to-do list is about to get REAL. And while you’re no doubt in full-on planning mode, don’t forget to take a step back and show yourself a little love. FYI, a killer ensemble is a pretty good place to start. This week’s edition of The Edit is bringing its A-game, serving up a serious helping of swoon-inducing styles that are guaranteed to straight-up stun at Thanksgiving dinner. Harnesses, bell-sleeve blouses and omg-worthy ankle boots — it’s all right here.
1. H&M Satin Skirt ($35): Because distressed denim just isn’t going to cut it this time around. Impress the ‘rents and elevate your Turkey Day style by styling this satin stunner alongside a chic sweater and statement drop earrings for a standout look.
2. Urban Outfitters Mixed Pearl Hair Comb ($12): One and done. Don’t-care hair gets a major upgrade with this bold hair comb, meaning you can continue to embrace your lazy girl ways and keep Grandma’s two cents at bay.
3. & Other Stories Handle Clutch ($85): When you show up to Friendsgiving with this little lovely and a faux fur jacket in tow, don’t be surprised if you quickly become the center of attention. Impeccable style simply can’t be overshadowed by plates of pie and a perfectly cooked bird.
4. Express Wide Leg Surplice Jumpsuit ($108): A classic LBD doesn’t have anything on this shimmery show-stopper. Win the title of best dressed while exerting zero effort by styling it up with velvet kicks, a plum pout and sleek minimalist baubles.
5. Monogram Profile Relaxed Fit Sweatshirt ($88): Putting your best face forward is as easy as adding this statement sweat to your lineup. Make it pop with bright-colored trousers, v-shape block heels and a lucite clutch for an artsy ensemble that any It girl would love.
6. Silent D Gigi Slip-On Loafer ($128): Those backless loafers taking up residence on your Insta feed? These gilded beauties will one up ’em. Whether you rock them with cropped denim, a feminine blouse and bold cat eye for dinner with the fam, or team them with jacquard suiting separates for the office, the result will be straight-up stunning.
7. Zara The Scorpio Bag ($40): One word: fierce. You don’t have to be a Scorpio to rock that sassy crossbody sac. Load it up with your essential Thanksgiving swag (lipstick, mobile lens kit for killer snaps and hydrating face mist — key for combatting a food coma), then sling it over a longline coat and metallic ankle boots.
8. Abercrombie Striped Faux Fur Coat ($120): Glam doesn’t even begin to cover it. Inject your ensemble with a bit of ’70s flair sporting this striped faux fur coat that was practically made to turn heads. Beyond stealing the spotlight at dinner, it’ll turn up the It-factor on just about every piece in your closet.
9. & Other Stories Circular Flounce Satin Top ($95): Prim and proper just aren’t your thing — and that’s totally cool — meaning stuffy button-downs and frilltastic dresses are out of the question. This bell-sleeve beauty, on the other hand, is right up your alley and couldn’t be more appropriate for a classy Thanksgiving feast. Pop it on with high-waisted corduroys, streamlined mules and a half-up ‘do.
10. Free People Embellished Velvet Harness ($38): Whether you planning on donning a dreamy floral maxi or a turtleneck-and-trouser combo, don’t even think about leaving the house without this cool velvet harness in tow. Decked out in elegant embellishments, it makes an unexpected alternative to more traditional baubles and brings the wow-factor like none other.
11. Mango Printed Shirt Dress ($80): Never underestimate the power of a wrap dress. While a DVF number might not be in the cards, this dotted Mango option brings just as much elegance to the table. Do your best disco diva and team it with retro hoops and leather Mary Jane clogs for a look that strikes the perfect balance between sophisticated and sweet.
12. ASOS Kimono Jacquard Suit in Floral ($91): For a look that says trying, but not trying too hard, add this jacquard topper to the mix. A jacquard print and belted silhouette practically scream classy lady, especially when teamed with menswear-inspired loafers and a basic silk tee. The best part? This bad boy has major on-the-job potential (sayonara, snoozy black blazer), meaning more bang for your buck.
13. Zara Square Heel Ankle Boots ($60): Just when you thought your arsenal of ankle boots couldn’t get any better, we went ahead and added these steppers to the mix. Square heels lend them a touch of contemporary appeal, while the gray leather-look material is prime for pairing with just about everything in your closet. New go-to boots? We say yes.
14. & Other Stories Geometric Pendant Earrings ($29): There’s a time and a place for sophisticated studs, but a holiday party — Thanksgiving included — isn’t one of them. If sending shockwaves through your festive gathering is what you’re after, wear these asymmetric drops with a sequin-studded shift dress and velvet pouch.
15. The Fifth Rather Be Pant ($68): Trousers? You’ll take ’em with a side of glitz, please and thanks. Standard black bottoms simply won’t do this season (been there, done that), so ditch ’em in favor of this relaxed rose gold pair. Balance out their borrowed-from-the-boys aesthetic with a flirty off-the-shoulder top and sassy slingbacks.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.