The Edit: Festive Buys Under $100 to Rock at the Office
The holiday season is an exciting time of year (despite the stress of finding the perfect gifts for your boss or coworkers), what with festive gatherings where both sequin-studded party dresses and crazy holiday sweaters are fair game filling up your iCal. By now you’ve likely started curating a killer lineup for every upcoming holiday shindig, but you’re at your nine-to-five 40 or so hours a week, so why not give your on-the-job duds a festive upgrade too? This week’s edition of The Edit is bringing you 15 chic pieces that will inject your working-girl routine with a touch of holiday cheer — all without offending HR or sending your wallet into the red (they’re all under $100!). Scroll on for everything you need to shine bright at the office all season long.
1. Zara Shiny Cropped Trousers ($36): Don’t get us wrong — a pair of black dress pants is a workweek essential. But stepping it up during the holiday season is non-negotiable, and that means banishing snoozy separates to the back of the closet. These shimmery stunners, on the other hand? They’re just the thing for an upcoming office holiday party or Secret Santa gift swap. Team it with a classic button-down blouse and ankle boots for a winning look that’s on-the-job approved.
2. Mango Metal Pendant Earrings ($20): Glistening baubles and the holiday season go hand-in-hand, so don’t even think about leaving the house without a few show-stopping options in tow. Our pick to get the festivities off on the right foot? These oversized pearl drops that would look just as ah-mazing with a button-down and jacquard trousers as they would with a shimmery sequin slip dress.
3. H&M Glittery Dress ($35): Okay, so maybe you can’t strut into the office in your most fanciful sequin frock, but you can score some extra style cred with HR by teaming this glitter-flecked knit number with a sleeveless blazer, chandelier earrings and ankle boots.
4. & Other Stories Pleated Emerald Skirt ($95): Fancy pants? Nah. Step into the boardroom like WHAT when you toss on this scene-stealing emerald skirt with a shimmery sweater and modern hoops. Holiday cheer: check. Girlboss edge: double check. This chic separate checks all the boxes and then some.
5. Ahreum La Couture for Free People Luna Stardust Hair Comb ($58): Don’t forget about your ‘do! Celestial-inspired design pairs with glistening rhinestones to create an out-of-this-world look you’ll want to add to your holiday lineup stat. Keep it classy for the cubicle by teaming it with a side-swept chignon or a half-up style.
6. J.Crew Wool Scarf in Oversized Plaid ($65): Morning commutes are hard enough as it is without considering sleet, snow and biting temps. The ultimate remedy for wintertime woes? A pop of bright color, playful tassels and an oversized blanket scarf. One up yourself by rockin’ it with a longline coat and pointed-toe Chelsea boots FTW.
7. Loft Bow Neck Shell ($50): The holidays can be stressful, which is why we think you should treat yo’self to this cheerful bow neck blouse. Between board meetings, after-work drinks and gift shopping excursions with your crew, you’ll find plenty of reasons to bust it out.
8. Pat McGrath Labs Metalmorphosis 005 Kit ($60): Even if festive threads are off the table (strict dress codes are the Scrooges of the corporate world), you can get into the holiday spirit with an inspired beauty look. Case in point: Pat McGrath Lab’s Metalmorphosis kit is bringing the holiday cheer with perfectly lined lashes and gilded lids. And who can argue with that? Opt for a subtle smokey eye or a barely there swipe of shadow.
9. Gap Faux Fur Vest ($98): Pashminas? Puh-lease. When you’re feeling the office temps drop (why is the AC still pumping?!), a trusty faux fur vest will keep you cozy and lookin’ fly. For max perfection, pair with a rib knit turtleneck, mismatched drop earrings and a swishy pleated skirt.
10. Zara Leather Mini City Bag ($70): Your everyday swag deserves a stylish place to call home — and that doesn’t include the beat-up canvas bag you’ve been toting since freshman year of college. Upgrade your commuting companion with this retro-fab frame bag that’s equal parts old-world elegant and cutting-edge cool. The only thing missing? A fluffy pom-pom key chain and a jaw-dropping car coat.
11. Tintoretta Starry Night Tights ($28): When it’s cold AF, tights are essential, but why surrender yourself (and your impeccable sense of style) to snooze-inducing sheers or standard opaque stockings? Life’s too short, amirite? Whether you’re rocking a jacquard pencil skirt or a sleek sweater dress, these embellished tights will keep the cold weather and the wardrobe blahs at bay all season long.
12. & Other Stories Flared Corduroy Trousers ($85): ‘Tis the season for souped-up suiting, and these wine-colored corduroys are the polished piece your workplace wardrobe has been missing. Dial up the classy factor with a jacquard blazer, lace blouse and metallic block-heeled loafers — then wait for the compliments to come rolling in.
13. Topshop Gorgeous Glitter Shoes ($85): The midweek blahs call for kicks that will instantly put a little more pep in your step. Between the quicksilver glitter, circular fastenings and of-the-moment block heels, these Alexa Chung-approved steppers are just what the doctor ordered. Be it a big presentation or an after-hours networking event, these show-stoppers are guaranteed to get you noticed for all the right reasons.
14. New Look Sequin Blazer Jacket ($46): As far as your work wardrobe goes, a classic black blazer simply can’t be faulted. But even the most timeless pieces need a boost every once in a while. With a calendar jam-packed with holiday gift exchanges, cocktail parties and client events, you’re going to need a topper that’s both sophisticated and dance floor-ready. And we’ve found it. Pairing a streamlined silhouette with festive sequins that sparkle in the light, this ready-to-fête blazer is the one piece you’ll reach for every single time.
15. Express Rhinestone Leather Wrap Choker ($35): Have a rhinestone-studded choker, will bust it out at every opportunity. For a flawless wear-anywhere look, pair with a velvet blazer, metallic trousers and pumps.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.