Holiday season is in full swing, and if you’re anything like us, you’re ready to start planning the most epic ugly Christmas sweater party known to man — priorities, people. Because let’s be real — it’s not the office holiday soirees, gift swaps and mounds of seasonal sweets you’ve been pining for over the last 11 months. What better way to get into the holiday spirit than with OTT embellishments, snappy festive slogans and eye-catching sequins, amirite? Since we’ve already revealed the perfect way to channel your favorite Christmas movie a la your holiday outfit, we thought we’d go ahead and give you what you’ve really been waiting for: a lengthy list of the tackiest holiday sweaters out there. Be it a parade, cookie bake-off at your bestie’s or a snoozy Saturday, these are the OTT toppers you’ll be reaching for all season long.
1. Mod Cloth It’s a Major Reward! Sweater ($60): Ho, ho, ho. You deserve a major award for that killer sense of style, and this sweater is it. Starring the iconic lamp from A Christmas Story, this pop culture knit is the only thing yule need to win best-dressed at an upcoming holiday party. Team it with a shimmery clip and a bold red lip FTW.
2. Missguided Black Squad Goals Christmas Sweater ($36): Just when you thought you had the perfect Christmas Eve ensemble all planned out, we introduced you to this sassy sweater. Teamed with a metallic pleated skirt (do the half-tuck thing, girl), glittering drop earrings and a bold faux fur coat, it’s straight-up #goals.
3. Daisy Street Holidays Holly Sweater ($41): Who says making a statement has to mean going all out? You won’t find any OTT embellishments or tinsel here, but this stunner is guaranteed to cause a stir at your bestie’s annual holiday bash. Come party time, DO toss it on alongside velvet wide-leg trousers, glitter-flecked platforms and glitzy chandelier earrings for all the style points.
4. Brave Soul Baa Humbug Sheep Christmas Jumper ($49): Can’t quite get into the holiday spirit? This knit number just might be the game-changing sweater that will put you in the mood to deck the halls. A twirl-worthy skater skirt and embroidered ankle boots are required for a festive-but-not-too-festive #OOTD.
5. Boohoo Mya I’ll Tell You What I Want Christmas Jumper ($26): We’ll tell you what we really really want this holiday season: this Spice Girl-inspired sweater that will have all your fellow party-goers gushing over your getup all night long. Whether you’re kickin’ it at the ski lodge with a cup of hot chocolate or swaying to the beat, glass of Champagne in hand, this nostalgia-laced topper ensures you win at holiday dressing.
6. Wildfox Wildfox Falalalatke Pullover ($98): You might not celebrate Christmas, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get in on the ugly sweater action. This punny play on Deck the Halls just might become our new signature. Latkes, anyone?
7. Adolescent Clothing Holidays This Is My Festive Sweater ($43): This is as festive as it gets, as far as your minimalist sensibilities are concerned. Dress it up for a party-ready vibe with statement earrings, metallic culottes and don’t-care hair.
8. Mod Cloth I Like to Style, Styling’s My Favorite Sweater ($60): Channel Santa’s favorite helper with this enthusiastic elfin knit that’s just as OTT as it looks. Not only will it crack up your crew, but it’s the very piece those newly acquired metallic leggings have been waiting for. Glam it up with a swipe of shimmery eye shadow and an equally-as-out-there headband.
9. Ten Sixty Sherman Tinsel Ball Christmas Sweater ($42): When it comes to your annual ugly sweater party, you don’t mess around. Decked out in garlands of tinsel and fluffy red and white ornaments, this anything-but-subtle sweater will keep you looking your bleh-st from dusk ’til dawn. WTF-worthy accessories, like an antler headband and kitschy clutch, unfortunately not included.
10. Ten Sixty Sherman Feliz Nah I’m Good Intarsia Sweater ($42): The holidays can be a stressful time, and if you’re not in the mood to get your Feliz Navidad on, you need to scoop up this awesomely grumpy sweater STAT. Beyond being Grinch approved, it’ll go with almost everything in your holiday lineup, so you can mix it up for every event on your iCal.
11. L.O.L. Vintage Team Rudolph Ugly Christmas Sweater ($28): We don’t like to pick favorites, but if anyone asks, we’re on Rudolph’s side. If this cute take on a fair isle knit doesn’t make you want to toss on your coat (leopard print faux fur, please and thanks) and go a-wassailing, then we don’t know what will.
12. Topshop Christmas Too Late Slogan Jumper ($65): How about an A for effort? If you happen to find yourself on the Naughty List this year, rest assured you’ll outshine all those do-gooders in this sass-tastic topper — especially when you pair it with a lace-trimmed leather skirt and block-heel ankle boots.
13. Warehouse Mistletoe Christmas Jumper ($80): While you might prefer to rock a wonderfully tacky topper for your office holiday party, HR might have something to say about it. Play it safe without compromising your street style rep with this mistletoe Christmas jumper. Jazz things up with snazzy celestial earrings and plush velvet pumps for a knockout look that is undeniably office-approved.
14. Missguided Snow Chance Christmas Sweatshirt ($33): When in doubt, let your duds do the talking. Tell him boy, bye with this sassy sweatshirt that you need to add to your holiday lineup stat. Team it with a printed mini skirt and pointed-toe ballerinas for a late night gig or dress it up for the annual office Secret Santa gift exchange with tweed trousers and backless faux fur-lined loafers.
15. Wildfox Baggy Beach Jumper Dear Santa Pullover ($98): It’s the thought that counts, right? Even if you weren’t on your best behavior this year, we’re thinking this sweet stunner will warm Santa’s heart. Pop it on with gold trousers and elevated Mary Janes for just the right amount of panache required for happy hour.
16. ASOS Curve Count Down to Holidays Sweater ($46): Let’s be real — advent calendars are kind of great. Who doesn’t love an organizer that encourages you to eat candy? This snuggly sweater plays off the iconic holiday essential and is the holiday hero piece you didn’t even know you needed. Whether you’re decking the halls or sipping eggnog, pop it on with a sequin skirt and combat boots for a fun yet fierce look. Festive headpieces are highly encouraged.
17. Warehouse Bauble Sweat ($69): Taking a more-is-more approach to your ugly sweater ensemble is a no-brainer. Because when else is gauche considered totally chic? Never. Throw this baublicious beauty on with a printed skirt and vibrant faux-fur clutch (and maybe even brightly colored eyeliner) for an upcoming holiday bash (or three).
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.