25 Crazy Holiday Sweaters You Need in Your Life STAT
Holiday season is in full swing, and if you’re anything like us, you’re ready to start planning the most epic ugly Christmas sweater party known to man — priorities, people. What better way to get into the holiday spirit than with over-the-top embellishments, snappy festive slogans, and eye-catching sequins? Since we’ve already revealed the perfect way to channel your favorite Christmas movie à la your holiday outfit, we thought we’d go ahead and give you what you’ve really been waiting for: a lengthy list of the tackiest holiday sweaters out there. Be it to wear to your neighbor’s party, that cookie bake-off at your bestie’s, or on a snoozy Saturday, these are the OTT tops you’ll be reaching for all season long.
1. Hello Kitty X ASOS Dabbing Holidays Sweater ($72): What is it? Kitty’s caught your eye?
2. TopShop Christmas Wreath Funnel Neck Sweater ($100): May your days be merry and bright, and may your neck be warm.
3. Hooked Up by IOT All the Jingle Ladies Cold-Shoulder Sweater ($35): Put your hands up for this adorable black sweater complete with sequined lettering.
4. Missguided Black Squad Goals Christmas Sweater ($36): Just when you thought you had the perfect Christmas Eve ensemble all planned out, we introduced you to this sassy sweater. Teamed with a metallic pleated skirt (do the half-tuck thing, girl), glittering drop earrings, and a bold faux fur coat, it’s straight-up #goals.
5. Ragstock Get Slothed Sweatshirt ($22): Celebrate the best part of the Christmas party with everyone’s favorite internet animal: the sloth. This cute sweater is perfect for a casual holiday and even better for when you’re chilling in bed the next day.
6. Madewell Merino Star Sweater ($98): For the ugly sweater minimalists.
7. Just My Size Nice Is Boring Sweatshirt ($14): Ever since you were a kid, people always told you to stay on Santa’s Nice List. Now that you’re an adult, you know that the Naughty List is way more fun. Who says you can’t get presents for being a little bad?
8. New Look Sequin Embellished Holidays Sweater ($32): Subtle, sweet, and jingle jangle jolly.
9. Boohoo Mya I’ll Tell You What I Want Christmas Jumper ($26): We’ll tell you what we really really want this holiday season: this Spice Girls-inspired sweater that will have all your fellow party-goers gushing over your getup all night long. Whether you’re kickin’ it at the ski lodge with a cup of hot chocolate or swaying to the beat, glass of Champagne in hand, this nostalgia-laced topper ensures you’ll win at holiday dressing.
10. Ugly Christmas Sweaters Dabbin’ Santa Sweatshirt ($23): Santa knows what’s cool these days, so naturally he knows how to dab. This hilarious “ugly” sweater will make you the laugh riot of the party.
11. Tipsy Elves Crazy Cat Lady Sweater ($65): Your little fur babies are adorable, so why not wear a sweater to honor them on Christmas Day? This fun and quirky sweater is fitting for both cat ladies or catless lovers who spend ample time watching cat videos.
12. ASOS Sweater in Star Print ($40): Singing karaoke at your holiday party? Throw on this non-traditional holiday sweater and belt out your favorite Madonna track, “Lucky Star.”
13. Tipsy Elves Miss Me Yet Obama Sweater ($65): Pay homage to our former, cooler President Barack Obama with this clever and ever so slightly political Christmas sweater. If only Santa could just bring us back to 2008, that would be nice.
14. Merry Christmas Sweaters Namast’ay at Home and Eat Cookies With Milk Sweater ($23): Santa’s got the right idea. The best part about Christmas Eve is eating cookies and milk. Skip all those boring holiday parties, slip on your sweater, and chow down on cookies. You wouldn’t want them to go to waste.
15. Target Chillin With My Snowmies Sweater ($28): Everyone knows you’re so cool, you’re ice cold, so don’t be afraid to show it off at the Christmas party with this awesome sweater. Maybe get one for everybody in your entourage.
16. Missguided White Sleigh My Name Christmas Sweater ($31): Know anyone who’s actin’ kinda shady? Curl up in this cozy sweater while you’re throwing shade right back at them. Or just drink some Christmas punch. It’s cool.
18. ASOS Holidays Sweater With “Let’s Make Out” Slogan ($35): Mistletoe, anyone?
19. Boohoo Eva Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal Jumper ($12): Show everyone at the party that you love getting up to some Christmas mischief as much as Kevin McCallister in Home Alone.
20. Boohoo Millie Fluffy Knit Sequin Christmas Jumper ($49): The holidays are a time when you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And outside too, just like this cute, fuzzy sweater that you’ll probably want to wear all winter long.
21. Missguided Snow Chance Christmas Sweatshirt ($31): When in doubt, let your duds do the talking. Tell him “boy, bye” with this sassy sweatshirt that you need to add to your holiday lineup immediately. Team it with a printed mini skirt and pointed-toe ballerinas for a late-night look, or dress it up for the annual office Secret Santa gift exchange with tweed trousers and backless faux fur-lined loafers.
22. Tipsy Elves Santa Unicorn Sweater ($65): Just because it’s the holidays doesn’t mean you can’t adorn your wardrobe with unicorns. After all, if anyone can get access to a unicorn, it’s Santa Claus.
23. Target Deck Yo Self Christmas Sweater ($28): You need a sassy sweater to go with your sassy attitude, and this is the perfect one to whip out once holiday party season arrives.
24. Urban Outfitters Vintage Holiday Sweater ($34): Each of these classic looking sweaters from Urban Outfitters are sourced from UO’s renewal team and put together using vintage pieces, so each one is perfectly unique, just like you picked it out from the back of your mom’s closet.
25. ASOS Holidays Tree Sweater With Pom-Pom Baubles ($45): Pom-poms belong on everything, including crazy holiday sweaters.
Additional reporting by Andrea Romano.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.