And while we love seeing what traditions people like Kim and Kanye are building with their families together, like extremely, amazingly excessive Christmas lights, we also love getting a glimpse at just how those traditions started way back when they were kids. Here are some of our fave throwback photos of a time-old tradition — kids sitting on Santa’s knee. Only this time, these just happen to be some of your fave celebs as kids.
1. Kylie and Kendall Jenner: I would say these two have hardly changed at all, but it also feels like this picture was taken yesterday, so. That said, the Jenner sisters are insanely adorable in their pic with Santa from the year 2000.
2. Sarah Michelle Gellar: We already know she “sleighs” the Elf on the Shelf game, so why shouldn’t she rule the Christmas throwback game too? Here she is in an outfit she refuses to comment on besides simply saying, “It was the ’80s.” All too familiar!
3. Lucy Hale: Why so glum, chum?! “Christmas is upon us and baby Lucy looks thrilled,” she writes in this throwback photo’s caption. LOL.
4. Julianne Hough: Little Jules went from hating Santa to being fully on board in this one-year-later throwback snap. One thing stayed the same, though: Jules looks absolutely adorable in her stylish little black and white outfits!
5. John Stamos: Kids being scared of Santa and crying on his knee is one of the best versions of the Santa pic you can get, and in this one, posted by John Stamos, an exodus seems to be happening. At least he got that good head of hair he wished for!
6. Paris and Nicky Hilton: The Hilton sisters look impossibly chic in their white furs with Santa, and like Kylie and Kendall, have barely changed at all.
7. Gigi Hadid: DYING. WE ARE DEAD. Little teeny Gigi with her big ol’ cheeks looks more than fine meeting her bearded new pal in the pic that she captioned “No new friends.” Did we mention we’re DEAD?
7. Luna Simone Stephens: And this new pic of Chrissy Teigen and John Legend’s little girl Luna gets included as an honorable mention and definitely a future classic #throwback. “‘She did such a good job! She didn’t even cry!'” Chrissy sarcastically captioned it. “We only share what we want you to see, my loves. Lol.” We’re so glad they wanted to show us this one.
Do you have a throwback pic with Santa? Tweet it to us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @gigihadid)