There’s no shortage of ways to get imaginative with your kids’ Elf on the Shelf, but just in case you’ve tapped your own well of creativity dry, there’s one celeb that’s got you covered.
In fact, even if you DON’T need any elf inspo, you’ll want to check out Sarah Michelle Gellar (who’s jumping on the holiday cheer bandwagon)’s awesome elf posts, because, well, they’re kind of hilarious.
She’s got about two weeks’ worth of materials thus far, but you can check out our top 10 faves of the RL Buffy’s creations below!
1. When the Elves Got Psyched for Hamilton: “Looks like I’m not the only one in my house crazy exited for the #hamiltonmixtape release tomorrow,” she wrote, throwing a $10 bill into the mix.
2. When They Couldn’t “Stop the Feeling:” “Looks like even the #elfontheshelf #cantstopthefeeling,” Sarah said of her trollified creations.
3. When the Elves Got Extra Limber: Referring to Chubby Checker’s classic hit “The Twist,” Sarah put the elves in some compromising positions in order to win a game of Twister, saying, “Come on baby; let’s do the twist.”
4. … And When They Geared Up for a Rousing Game of Bowling: “It’s league night,” SMG explained.
5. When They Proved to Be Poor Losers: “So I guess I should begin by letting you know that the #justiceleague won the bowling match,” Sarah said of the elves’ evil takeover. “Payback’s a b*tch.”
6. When They Got Their Own Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: The elves made like Ryan Reynolds last week, cementing their handprints at… the North Pole? Quoting from Pretty Woman, Sarah wrote, “Welcome to Hollywood..what’s your dream?”
7. When They Did the Mannequin Challenge: The elves got a little help from their pals for this one, which Sarah labeled, “#mannequinchallenge game is tight!!! #elfontheshelf for the win!!!”
8. When They Joined the Witness Protection Program: Things got a little dark when the elves had to conceal their identity due to questionable habits. “The identity of these elves is being hidden for their own protection,” Sarah said, adding, “On tonight’s episode of To Catch a Predator: North Pole,” we reveal the dark side of Santa.” Oh, my.
9. When Sarah Inserted Herself into the Mix: It wasn’t the kitchen scene the elves inhabited that had us LOL-ing so much as the background: “Tiny elves deserve a tiny kitchen,” Sarah reasoned. “Not sure about the creepy large-sized woman in the window.”
10. When They Morphed into Mermaids/men: “Some nights you just need to snuggle with the person you love in matching #mermaidtailblankets,” Sarah said. (Please, please, please let this be a thing Sarah does with Freddie!)
Tag us in your best Elf antics over @BritandCo.
(h/t Hello Giggles, photos via David Livingston/Getty)