This App Solves Your New Credit Card Headache + More!
As soon as Halloween is over, it becomes a quick and slippery downward slope STRAIGHT to the holiday season. In fact, anybody who tries to slow down and savor the months of November and December should be immediately nominated for sainthood, or at least voted a superhero. For those of you (us included!) who need a little bit of help getting organized and preparing for the
cuffing holiday season, we’ve got this week’s five best apps to give you a hand.
1. Imzy: This app aims to find you friends that are just as passionate about your kind of weird interests as you. Whether you’re looking for a creative partner or a fan theory exchange, you can nerd out here.
2. Huggle: If you’re trying to figure out how to connect with that Starbucks cutie you see in line all the time, start here. The app will connect you with people who are in the same places as you. So now you’ll finally get to know that person you ALWAYS see in the grocery store or yoga class.
3. Toonie: Waking up every morning is hard enough. Make it easier on yourself by turning your alarm into a game where every time you wake up, you earn rewards. Honestly, we’re refusing to get out of bed unless there’s a perk for us from here on out.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Identity: We could all use a little help in keeping our accounts in order. This new app will help you update credit card info across the board and give you a look at all of your cards in one brief glance. If only somebody could organize every aspect of our lives like this.
5. Fotrack: Schedule your time wisely (and beautifully) with this clever scheduling app. It makes focusing on tasks you need to get done easier than ever. No more excuses for anything.
DL It: Free on Android
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!