This Basic Pattern Reigned Supreme on the SAG Awards Red Carpet
The SAG Awards were a memorable affair to be sure: from the Winona Ryder memes to the memorable speeches, it set quite the high bar for the Oscars (which will definitely be made less awesome by the absence of this award-winning director, to be sure *tear*) to try and match. Also memorable? Tonight’s jaw-dropping fashion. Standing out on the carpet (in addition to this couple’s statement of protest) was an old-school pattern you probably already have in your closet: stripes. No less than five actresses donned the eye-catching print, alerting us to the fact that it’s likely going to be huge for spring. Take a peek below to see for yourself!
1. Yara Shahidi: The most attention-grabbing of the bunch, in our humble opinon, was Blackish star Yara Shahidi’s brightly colored Naeem Khan frock with black sheer panels, which was only outshone by her megawatt smile. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. Mayim Bialik: In contrast to Yara’s bright stripes, Mayim donned a darker set, with thick stripes at the the base of her gown leading up to a diamond-shaped cutout and pattern up top. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Michelle Williams: The metallic fabric of Michelle Williams’ Louis Vuitton stripes gave them an added oomph: Girl looked like a million bucks. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. Naomie Harris: Moonlight’s Naomie Harris took a cue from Evan Rachel Wood at the Golden Globes, ditching the gown for an elegant Lanvin jumpsuit with black and floral detailing. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
5. Michelle Dockery: Rounding out the group was Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockery, who punched things up in a loudly printed Elie Saab. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Are you excited to get back to basics with this pattern? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)