5 Travel Wardrobe Essentials According to Kate Middleton
Kate Middleton’s look has evolved over the years, and is always on point for whatever the occasion or season. After becoming a mom and spending a few years close to home with her babies, Kate is once again traveling the world in support of many charities and the royal family with her husband, Prince William, with whom she’s currently touring India. We love seeing what Kate wears, and it’s clear from this trip that she has her travel essentials down pat, complete with on-trend as well as classic looks. While she definitely needs to cover more sartorial ground than the average world traveler, we can all take some style notes from Kate’s suitcase.
1. The Midi-Length A-Line Skirt: This length is super flattering on the Dutchess, and just the right combination of trendy and classic. The versatile garment can be dressed up or down, and looks especially lovely paired with rose-nude shoes and a matching handbag.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 12, 2016
2. Bold Color: Here’s that mid-calf length again, but this time in the form of a lacy mint dress. A bright pop of color and gorgeous detailing work for any number of occasions; one bold and modern outfit can get you in and out of almost any situation that might arise while on vacay.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 10, 2016
3. A Neutral Shoe: In all the photos we’re seeing of the Royal couple, Kate is rocking nude or black shoes. The wedge espadrille style shown here is perfect with a wide variety of looks, and wedges tend to be easier on your feet than heels.
— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) April 12, 2016
4. Strong Patterns: Just because Kate’s traveling doesn’t mean she shouldn’t take chances with her wardrobe. Kate’s very good at standing out in a crowd in any situation, but she fits in seamlessly while rocking bright big prints like the peacock-colored floral dress pictured here.
— Sujay Kumar (@Sujay721) April 12, 2016
5. A Great Pair of Statement Earrings: Traveling with too much jewelry can be daunting. If you decide on one statement pair of earrings that can be worn both on the beach and at a wedding, you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Think drop or dangling baubles in rose gold or silver — but nothing with too much bling.
What are your must-have travel wardrobe essentials? Tell us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)