5 Travel Wardrobe Essentials According to Kate Middleton
Kate Middleton’s look has evolved over the years, and is always on point for whatever the occasion or season. After becoming a mom and spending a few years close to home with her babies, Kate is once again traveling the world in support of many charities and the royal family with her husband, Prince William, with whom she’s currently touring India. We love seeing what Kate wears, and it’s clear from this trip that she has her travel essentials down pat, complete with on-trend as well as classic looks. While she definitely needs to cover more sartorial ground than the average world traveler, we can all take some style notes from Kate’s suitcase.
1. The Midi-Length A-Line Skirt: This length is super flattering on the Dutchess, and just the right combination of trendy and classic. The versatile garment can be dressed up or down, and looks especially lovely paired with rose-nude shoes and a matching handbag.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 12, 2016
2. Bold Color: Here’s that mid-calf length again, but this time in the form of a lacy mint dress. A bright pop of color and gorgeous detailing work for any number of occasions; one bold and modern outfit can get you in and out of almost any situation that might arise while on vacay.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 10, 2016
3. A Neutral Shoe: In all the photos we’re seeing of the Royal couple, Kate is rocking nude or black shoes. The wedge espadrille style shown here is perfect with a wide variety of looks, and wedges tend to be easier on your feet than heels.
— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) April 12, 2016
4. Strong Patterns: Just because Kate’s traveling doesn’t mean she shouldn’t take chances with her wardrobe. Kate’s very good at standing out in a crowd in any situation, but she fits in seamlessly while rocking bright big prints like the peacock-colored floral dress pictured here.
— Sujay Kumar (@Sujay721) April 12, 2016
5. A Great Pair of Statement Earrings: Traveling with too much jewelry can be daunting. If you decide on one statement pair of earrings that can be worn both on the beach and at a wedding, you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Think drop or dangling baubles in rose gold or silver — but nothing with too much bling.
What are your must-have travel wardrobe essentials? Tell us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.