12 Travel Essentials for a Stylish Weekend Away
Summer might seem like the perfect time to travel — and, well, it is — but a quick getaway during fall and winter can be a great way to combat the cold-weather blahs. No matter where you’re headed, overpacking is a surefire way to cramp your style, so traveling light is key. That being said, there are few essentials that will undoubtedly make the mini-adventure a whole lot easier and, of course, stylish. From chic sacs to pint-sized skincare kits, make sure you pack these 12 items for your next getaway.
1. Longchamp Le Pliage Travel Bag ($330): A standout bag won’t just make it easy to spot your swag at the airport — it’ll also kickstart those good vibes the minute you pull it out of the closet. Opt for an easy-to-tote style, like this convertible spotted sac, to make getting from point A to point B totally effortless.
2. Komono Estelle Watch ($70): Your phone might have taken over a watch’s time-keeping duties long ago, but a stylish timepiece is something everyone should have. If your phone kicks the bucket while you’re sight-seeing or changing terminals, a watch will help you make that connection or arrive on time for your dinner reservations at that hot new restaurant.
3. Wallpaper* City Guide ($10): Make the most of your weekend away with a top-notch travel guide that’ll give you a true taste of a city’s flavor. A good option? The Wallpaper* City Guide series. They’re not only easy on the eyes, but they’re also packed with suggestions for amazing dining, architecture, design and so much more. If you’re not keen on carrying around a book, simply download the app.
4. Aesop London Travel Essentials ($75): Travel can do a number on your skin (helloooo, dehydration), but taking along every product in your skincare repertoire isn’t exactly option. This travel kit is packed with tiny luxe bottles from Aesop’s parsley seed anti-oxidant range, so you stay on top of your beauty routine even when you’re on the go.
5. Lomo’Instant Kyoto ($159): Give your getaway your all and go off the grid while you’re out exploring. Seriously. Instead of ‘gramming every second of your trip, capture your favorite moments with a good ol’ fashioned instant camera.
6. S’Well Lily Wood Water Bottle ($35): Disposable plastic water bottles are so not chic, plus they can be pricey. Minimize your footprint and save yourself a few bucks, all while staying hydrated with a colorful reusable vessel instead.
7. Baggu Basic Tote ($160): It never hurts to pack along a tote bag (preferably one that’s soft and easy to fold) when you’re heading out of town. It makes it easy to carry around a water bottle or extra layers, plus it’ll come in handy if you decide to hit up a local market or stock up on special treats.
8. Joe Doucet Minim Playing Cards ($10): A deck of cards and other easy-to-tote games will serve you well if you plan on taking public transport or if unexpected weather makes exploring (+ wifi) out of the question.
9. Ban.Do I’m Outta Here Luggage Tag ($18): A super simple accessory, a stylish luggage tag won’t just set your bag apart from the crowd, but just might prove invaluable on the off-chance that your luggage gets lost (eek!).
10. Intru Structured Backpack ($345): Leave your standard crossbody bag at home and opt for a sleek backpack that’s nothing short on style. This structured number offers ample space to stash everything from tickets to maps and even a few snacks.
11. Print, Stitch and Paste Travel Journal ($12): A travel must-have, these cute kraft paper notebooks are the perfect place to jot down your itinerary and note the trip’s highlights and your favorite spots around town.
12. Ted Baker Opulent Bloom Travel Laundry Bag ($56): Keep your duds smelling fresh and clean by placing dirty items in this bright botanical sac.
What are your travel must-haves? Tell us in the comments!