Ankle boots and OTK kicks — it’s been real, but with spring on the horizon, our feet are ready for something brighter, lighter and, of course, totally stylish to go along with all those newly acquired spring outfit essentials. Spring 2016 is shaping up to be pretty on-point in the shoe department, so we can all rest assured there’s no shortage of show-stopping styles to choose from. Be it a pair of on-trend mules, strappy sandals or colorful sneakers, a new pair of steppers is guaranteed to send your #OOTDs into viral territory. (Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend obviously never owned a killer pair of shoes.) Scroll on to find our latest list of the must-have shoes for the new season, so you can start reaping the benefits of those warm-weather vibes now.
1. Mango Destructed Leather Sandals ($70): Keep a pair of these sunny yellow mules on standby for a laid-back-cool look. Whether you’re wearing cropped flares and a sleeveless tunic or an airy A-line dress, you’ll reach for these bad boys every single time.
2. Zara Laminated Block Heel Shoes ($70): Sensible shoes take on new meaning with mirrored leather and tonal heel details. These stylish stompers are a shoo-in for your capsule wardrobe, and they’ll make the transition from desk to drinks beyond easy.
3. Daisy Street Western Mule Heeled Shoes ($50): We’re calling it now: These star-studded mules are about to become your new hero piece. Style ’em with skinny jeans and a button-down shirt (collar popped), with a classic red bandana thrown in for good measure. Yeehaw!
4. H&M Slip-On Shoes ($40): Step aside, Stan Smiths — the knotted sneaker is slated to take the streets by storm this spring. They add a note of feminine flair to laid-back leisurewear like joggers and hoodies, and play nicely with seersucker trousers and floral off-the-shoulder dresses. Snag a pair while you can; they’re sure to sell out.
5. Sperry Katama Cape Color Block Espadrille Flats ($60): These anything-but-average espadrilles are begging to join the ranks of your closet. For the ultimate weekend look, style these canvas numbers with two-tone denim-on-denim action and bold neon nails. A bright saddlebag may or may not be in order (we’re leaning toward the former).
6. Charles & Keith Ankle Strap Platform Wedges ($49): Embrace your inner flower child with botanical platforms that can be dressed up with a midi skirt and blouse for the office, or pared down with leggings and a semi-sheer tunic. They’ll take you from boardroom meetings to margaritas with the girls.
7. & Other Stories Layered Platform Sandals ($135): Reason 685 why you’ll never wear flip-flops ever again: these intriguing Geta-inspired sandals. Between the two-tone sole, crisscross detailing and chunky heel, they’re loaded with magnetizing appeal.
8. Free People Spring in Paris Boot ($178): They say Paris is always a good idea, but in terms of your cash flow — not so much. Instead of spending beaucoup de bucks on a trans-Atlantic ticket, scoop up a pair of these pretty purple booties instead. A bold red lip, leather jacket, flawless bedhead and voila! Instant French-girl chic.
9. J.Crew Gemma Flats ($135): If your love affair with ballet flats is growing old, revive the flame with a sharp, tapered toe and citrus yellow leather. This versatile style can be worn to the office with jacquard cigarette trousers and a chambray blouse for a playful yet polished on-the-job ensemble.
10. French Connection Urlian Chunky Heeled Slingback Sandals ($140): Bad days are practically impossible when your steppers are this on-point, so consider these red-hot numbers your go-to Monday kicks. Slip them on with a pair of clean-cut culottes and a bow-neck top for most stylish employee status.
11. Jeffrey Campbell Verve Shoes ($130): When your ballet flats are starting to feel meh, bust these blush beauties out. Boyfriend jeans, mesh-paneled leggings and swishy skirts alike benefit from the old-school-meets-new-school silhouette and luxe suede fabric.
12. Adidas Originals White Equipment Racing 91 Sneakers ($140): Mesh panels and coy cutouts translate to the perfect spring sneaker that goes well beyond the gym. When in doubt, style them with a statement sweatshirt and silky joggers for a simple sports-chic look that won’t disappoint.
13. Intentionally Blank Perf Heels ($189): Perf, as in perfect. And that’s exactly what these slip-on heels are. Let them inspire the rest of your outfit by matching your baubles to their dramatic orange hue.
14. M. Gemi Penna Slingback Heels ($298): Grandma heels (chunky kitten heel steppers) are about to become your shoes of choice this spring, thanks to a playful true-blue pattern and flirty slingback shape that are downright DDG with jeans and jumpsuits. On-duty or off, you can’t go wrong.
15. Mango Ankle Cuff Pointed-Toe Shoes ($70): Get ready for these high-octane ankle strap sandals to dominate your style repertoire all spring long (and beyond). When classic black pumps don’t bring enough to the table, these tropical floral kicks will do you right. Warning: These were not made with the wallflower in mind.
16. All Black Sporty Cross Flats ($155): Head-turning neoprene flats tap into your sporty side to keep your to-and-fro look on-point, anytime, anywhere. Once warm weather hits, insert them into any outfit where sneakers would typically rule supreme, or create casually cool contrast by styling them alongside a flowy, flowery frock.
17. Urban Outfitters Florence Slingback Heel ($79): Partnered with a pair of dark wash flare jeans, these denim mules will flip the script on the whole double denim thing. Trying too hard isn’t in their vocabulary, making them a must-have for both laid-back coffee dates and Saturday night soirees.
18. KMB Seaward Oxfords ($138): Say ahoy! to the classy-lady oxfords you’ll be living in this spring. The menswear-inspired staple shoe gets a major new-season makeover with nautical stripes and casual canvas for a fuss-free look that goes with everything in your closet.
19. ASOS Mermaid Embellished Flat Shoes ($60): Sunny spring days can’t come fast enough, so go ahead and add these embellished loafers to your need-it-right-now list. From boardroom brainstorming sessions to dinner and a show, the rhinestone-studded blooms won’t go unnoticed.
20. Elina Linardaki Multi Leather Frida Sandals ($220): Fact: It’s impossible not to fall for the charm of these colorful, hand-crafted sandals. Inspired by Moroccan spice markets, they’ll whisk you away to a far-off land without setting foot foot on a plane. Try them with a colorful maxi dress and gold bangles for an effortless, globe-trotting vibe.
21. Mango Heel Leather Shoes ($100): If you love the ugly-pretty vibe glove shoes give off, prepare to fall head over heels for its pointed-toe cousin. A sharp silhouette and angular cut-out lend architectural appeal to your favorite throw-on-and-go style for the ultimate end to a killer GNO getup.
22. Jeffrey Campbell Augusta Platform Sandals ($165): Ankle boots aren’t going anywhere this spring, but don’t expect to see heavy-duty styles hitting the streets. Lightened-up laser-cut wedges wow with overalls and Breton stripes at brunch, and will prove their staying power once you see them in action with your favorite jeans.
23. Topshop Highness Lace-Up Heels ($48): Who doesn’t love a piece that serves up endless wear-with-anything potential? Pound the pavement with free wheelin’ block heels that will make bright bags and bold striped tops pop.
24. Chuck Taylor All Star Andy Warhol Floral High Tops ($70): Blending in isn’t on the agenda with these pop art high tops in tow. Now all that’s missing is a neon t-shirt and moto jacket. Bonus points for a few sassy pins.
25. Soludos Calf Hair Platform Smoking Slipper ($109): Getting an extra boost doesn’t have to entail donning a pair of stilettos. These calf hair platform espadrilles will certainly do. For a foolproof look that works every time, slip these on with a military jacket, skinny jeans and tassel scarf to hit up the Saturday morning farmers’ market.
26. J.Crew Leather Lace-Up Ballet Flats ($158): Lace-up ballet flats get extra flirty with an eye-catching floral print that elevates these shoes into date-night and wedding-appropriate territory (seriously!). Don’t forget your cherry red lipstick and mani for a major va-va-voom effect.
27. Kelsi Dagger Sierra Shoes ($140): Chic is what these zip-up booties do best. Be it leather pants, a chambray jumpsuit or lace-trimmed dress, there’s nothing off limits where these peep-toe stunners are concerned.
28. Mango Perforated Shoes ($100): If you didn’t think platforms (or oxfords, for that matter) were your thing, that’s all about to change. These perfectly perforated flatform lace-ups won’t just give you a major lift — they’ll send your work-week basics and athleisure essentials to new heights.
29. Kave Block Heel Loafer ($100): Teamed with skinny jeans and a snakeskin jacket, these periwinkle loafers have model-off-duty written all over them. Throw a pair of oversized shades into the mix for maximum street-style perfection.
30. Julia Platform Heel ($89): Cramp your style? These toss-on-and-go platforms will do anything but. They’re destined for sartorial greatness, whether you pair them with a jacquard suit and frilly blouse (a ladylike take on a classic tuxedo) or groovy zip-front trousers.
31. Dolce Vita Tia Slides ($130): Lazy girls: The rise of the babouche, or slipper shoe, means big things for your everyday style. Slip them on with tapered fleece joggers and a boyfriend blazer for the ultimate fusion of laid-back polish and androgynous appeal. Let the double taps roll in.
32. Jasper & Jeera Rosecut Espadrilles ($78): Espadrilles moonlight as ghillies to bring you the shoes you’ll reach for again and again this season. Besides the serenity blue hue that reads right now, these eyelet kicks are practically begging to be paired with a ruffled off-the-shoulder top and suede A-line skirt.
33. Topshop Round Eyelet Sandals ($85): These block heel sandals are perfect for any after-hours getup. When hitting the dance floor at your Friday night hangout spot, style them with streamlined culottes or a ribbed midi bodycon. Modern brides: Rock them down the aisle as your something blue.
34. Free People Belmont Leather Clog ($128): Add boho babe flair to your outfit with these strappy suede and leather clogs that are just as comfy as they are chic. Running errands and strolling the streets on First Friday never looked so good.
35. Adidas by Stella McCartney Terra Sneakers ($160): Sure, they’re sporty, but don’t let that stop you from dressing these color block sneakers up with tailored trousers or a head-turning jumpsuit for a statement-making off-the-clock outfit.
36. Sole Society Cady Lace-Up Flat Sandal ($70): Plain old flip-flops pale in comparison with these inky gladiator-inspired sandals. Wear them with oversized floral earrings and high-waisted shorts for a winning weekend #OOTD.
37. Mango Platform Strap Sandals ($120): These platform stompers pack plenty of now and later potential. Accordion midi skirts, oversized sweaters and socks make for above-and-beyond office attire. Transition to warm weather with skinny strap floral dresses and a patchwork denim jacket.
38. ALDO Grazioli Camel Tassel Flat Slider Sandals ($63): Tassel game strong. Take them along for spring break for an afternoon playing tourist — just add a lightweight maxi dress and straw fedora for an easy-breezy ensemble.
39. Kelsi Dagger Viva Shoes ($125): Mary Jane grew up, and girl, she’s lookin’ good. With their warm neutral color and simple, wear-anywhere silhouette, they’ll have you looking for any excuse to bust them out.
40. Dolce Vita Delila Calf Hair d’Orsay Flats ($90): Animal print, sired red suede and a low-lying sole — these d’Orsay flats are a triple threat. Step up your wanderlust wardrobe by parading them around with a trend-right dress-over-pants getup.
41. Nike Roshe One Print Sneakers ($80): Pattern play is easy when you have cool kicks like this in your arsenal of show-stopping shoes. Rock them with a geo dress and bright backpack for a no-fail just-chillin’ look.
42. Rebecca Minkoff Ankle Cuff Sandals ($150): Proof that less is more, these understated sandals will make minimalist-loving ladies swoon. Rest assured, you’ll find no shortage of ways to style these strappy sandals. Pair with a bucket bag and double bar ring for maximum impact.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring trends and colorful style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.