A Make-Ahead Healthy Breakfast Cookie Recipe That Feels Like a Treat
We’re going all-out tropical today with these tasty oatmeal cookies that are packed with fresh banana, pineapple, mango and coconut oil! Super easy to make, they’re also a great way to use up over-ripe bananas (if you’ve got a lot, check out these unexpected ways to eat bananas). Soft and slightly chewy, they’re also given a sweet touch with the addition of creamy white chocolate chips, though if you want to keep these cookies refined-sugar free, leave the chocolate out — they’ll still taste delicious! They’re great for a grab-and-go breakfast or a healthier mid-afternoon snack (we love you chocolate key-lime cupcakes, but we can’t have you every day…). And why not keep the sunshine mood going for the rest of the day, too, with these gorgeous tropical prints?
Makes 9-10 small cookies
— 1 medium-sized ripe banana, peeled
— 1 + 1/3 cup whole rolled oats
— 2 Tablespoons honey
— 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted or very soft
— ¼ cup finely chopped pineapple
— ¼ cup finely chopped mango
— 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking tray with parchment or a silicone liner.
2. Place the banana in a medium-size bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the oats, honey and coconut oil, and give everything a good stir until combined. Add in the pineapple, mango and all but one tablespoon of the chocolate chips. Stir together.
3. Use an ice scream scoop to scoop up some of the mixture. Pack it tight, then release it onto the baking tray. Flatten down slightly, but make sure it stays tightly packed, otherwise the cookies will fall apart.
4. Repeat until all of the mixture is used — you should get 9-10 cookies.
5. Place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven, sprinkle with the reserved white chocolate chips and leave to cool before serving. Once cool, eat right away or wrap in foil and eat within 24 hours (they’ll last a couple of days longer, but will be softer and more crumbly after 24 hours).
Do you have a grab-and-go breakfast recipe? Share your pics with us on Instagram using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)