14 Unexpected Ways to Eat Bananas
We were all pretty confused when Gwen Stefani came out with a song about having been around that track back in 2004, but she was on to something. Spoon University is here to teach us how to take the yellow phone-shaped fruit and transform it into ice cream, cookies, muffins, cakes and more. Bananas, thanks for being you. We’d def hollaback at you, girl.
1. Two Ingredient Banana Pancakes: Lazy breakfast eaters, rejoice. All you need are two ingredients and boom, you’ve got yourself some fine pancakes. (Photo via Daniel Schuleman)
2. Baked Banana S’mores: Creamier and gooier than normal s’mores. Add some banana to the campfire and kick your s’more game up a notch. (Photo via Gabby Phi)
3. Homemade Banana Peanut Butter Bars: Because who can afford a Kind bar every day? Be resourceful with ingredients you probably already have, and make a great snack any day. (Photo via Mariana Cohen)
4. Bananadoodles: When snickerdoodles become old hat, use a banana to make it creamier and way more delicious. (Photo via Emma Delaney)
5. Frozen Greek Yogurt Banana Poppers: Like Dibs, but bananas — pop this frozen treat into your mouth to cool off on a hot day. (Photo via Abigail Wilkins)
6. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins: Do you know the whole wheat chocolate chip banana bread muffin man? That’s a spoonful. Make these muffins for a great way to start your day. (Photo via Mulin Xiong)
7. Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes: An even fancier, meltier pancake. With chocolate. (Photo via Andrea Kang)
8. Banana Nutella Burrito: Skip Chipotle and whip up this burrito made from your dreams. (Photo via Emily Hu)
9. Banana Oatmeal Shake: Shake it off, shake it off — banana style. Make Taylor proud with this banana shake. (Photo via Liz Tadie)
10. Banana Blender Muffins With Peanut Butter Crunch Topping: Gluten-free muffins never looked this good. Blend it up and have yourself a healthy little muffin. (Photo via Katherine Baker)
11. Guilt-Free Banana Chocolate Ice Cream: Banana ice cream again, but now with chocolate, because everything is better with chocolate. (Photo via Maddie Wilmes)
13. Bluth’s Frozen Bananas: Have these frozen bananas for dessert… or any time. Bananas dipped in chocolate are always a good idea. (Photo via Lauren Culbertson)
14. Banana Ice Cream: 1-INGREDIENT BANANA ICE CREAM? Yeah. This fruit can be used as a less-fattening substitute for your favorite childhood dessert. (Photo via Katie Walsh)
Know any other awesome banana recipes? Let us know in the comments!