20 Typographic Garlands That Spell it Out for You
At a loss of words and could use some help to express your thoughts? 20 quirky text banners, coming to your rescue! The fabulous DIY community of Etsy has mastered the art of garlands, creating plenty of ways to spell out sweet messages and explain reasons behind celebrations. What’s more, these bunting beauties are the perfect party supplement to photo booth props and gilded cocktail accessories for the ultimate fun-filled fête!
1. Oh Happy Day Garland Banner ($60): Express your joy for the day ahead with this cheerful banner, cleverly made from cotton scraps and flannel.
2. Mini Save the Date Banner ($14): Celebrate a meaningful date with the cutest little mini-banner!
3. Nursery Baby Name Banner ($17): Painted and sanded for a distressed finish, this mint banner can be personalized to honor any baby’s name.
4. S’mores Banner ($17): If you are planning to throw a party involving a s’mores bar, I would like to formally request an invite.
5. Birthday Banner ($30): This sweet birthday banner knows how to party! The text is glittered in gold above layers of embossed dot paper and light green card stock, plus topped off apricot tissue paper.
6. Pop Fizz Clink Banner ($52): Reiterate to your NYE party guests how to properly approach the fine art of champagne drinking.
7. Old School Mini Paper Garland ($12): Did someone receive a thought-to-be-impossible A on his or her hardest final? Sounds like cause for celebration!
8. Black Chalkboard Triangle Banner ($10): Rather than buy a new banner year after year — particularly if you’re celebrating with an annual photo — utilize a long-lasting chalkboard version.
9. Dream Glitter Banner ($15): We’re hoping our dreams will be in glittery pink if this banner makes it to my headboard.
10. Thanks for Nothing Banner ($12): This tongue-in-cheek banner is sassy in its message, but sweet in its iridescent and gradient coloring.
11. Sweet as Pie Banner ($18): The ultimate compliment. ‘Nuff said.
12. Oh My Darling Bunting ($44): There’s even a banner for the sweet minimalist! Vintage enamel over metal lithographed letters on rustic twine make for a mutually old school and modern twist.
13. Love Wood Garland ($15): A fun alternative to paper material, this garland contains stenciled letters burned on Madrone wood, then strung together with natural polished hemp twine.
14. Stitched Garland ($22): Another adorable take on the traditional garland! The letters are each two inches high, made of orange twill and stitched with cheery yellow thread.
15. Slang Word Party Banner ($21): Elevate your indifference with a multi-color banner that is “so not your mother’s 1975 party banner.”
16. XOXO Garland ($14): Adorn your walls and shelves with a smattering of yarn and paper kisses.
17. Beer Me Banner ($20): Direct guests to the refreshments bar with this eloquent message! My guess is that they will happily oblige.
18. Wooden Halloween Banner ($22): Though meant for a spooky October 31 message, this “Beware” banner can also warn passersby of a guard dog on duty. Maybe even place it on the refrigerator door to guard your leftovers from hungry thieves?
19. Rustic Wood Letters ($29): Say whatever you want to say with plywood letters, stained and finished with protective natural oil.
20. Hessian Burlap Bunting ($28): With this rustic banner as a backdrop, your wedding or engagement photos are practically guaranteed many Pin-utes of fame.
Mum doesn’t have to be the word when it comes this widely-adored party decor. It’s an appealing embellishment that adds fun to any type of celebration, with only one anticipated string (or ribbon) attached!
Which of these garlands is your favorite? Talk to us in the comments below.