DIY Holiday Photo Booth (Printables + GIFs!)
Photo booths are pretty much the jam. At weddings, birthday parties, and at some particularly awesome dive bars, you can always find a line at the photo booth. Since we are pretty well-versed with photo booths here at Brit + Co. (see Brit’s wedding + my birthday party), we happen to know that there are three key components to a successful photo booth.
1. Backdrop: You can use fabric, wrapping paper, or construction paper to set the stage.
2. Props: Mustaches are always a win, hats, balloons, and glasses are also good options.
3. Framing: Always shoot photos so that only the backdrop is showing at the edges of your photos.
Whether you have a fancy camera and tripod, a Polaroid instant camera, or just your smartphone, it’s easy to get great results once you’ve got these three pieces put together.
– wrapping paper (backdrop)
– fun paper props (printable templates here)
– popsicle sticks or dowels
– xacto knife and/or scissors
– optional: camera + tripod
Get your materials together. We created a few fun templates to get you started on the prop front.
,, and silly spectacles.
Print your props and start cutting.
You can use an xacto knife if you love precision, but most of these are scissor-friendly (aside from the glasses, as you can see.)
Use tape to attach a popsicle stick to the back of each prop, and you’re done.
To create our backdrop (clearly inspired by Awkward Family Photos), we used cheap wrapping paper from Walgreens.
Simply hang sheets up on the wall, tape, and continue until you have a good backdrop. We used 3 pieces side by side.
If you’re using a tripod, now is the time to set it up.
A phone also works, so long as you make sure the backdrop hits the photo frame at all borders.
Now, set the self-timer and call your coworkers upstairs!!
If you want to take it to the next level, set the self timer to 10 shots in a row and create holiday gifs instead of photos. Still photos are so 2002! :)
How do you make holiday photos more fun and creative? Talk to us in the comments below.