Cancel those weekend plans, y’all: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is baaaaaccck (and apparently truly unbreakable, as it was officially renewed for season 3)! The masterminds (BRB, bowing down to Tina Fey) behind the Netflix hit have finally released the show’s second season, in what is sure to be all its overly peppy, diva-esque glory — squee! — and we can’t wait to get our binge on. But anyone who’s ever seen the show knows that it’s far more fun to watch with some company — all the better to share in all the gut-busting hilarity (we’re still giggling about that Lion King reenactment) that is (newly pregnant!) Ellie Kemper, Jane Krakowski, Carol Kane and Tituss Burgess together onscreen. So grab your girls (or guys!) and get ready for a binge-watching sesh of epic proportions: We’ll take care of the party details.
1. Pinot Noir by Tituss Burgess ($25 and up): First and foremost, you can’t have an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt viewing party without some grade-A, authentic Pinot Noir by Tituss Burgess, which is FINALLY available for sale. Buy a single bottle ($25), three bottles ($22 each) or six or more ($20 each). You can also buy it by the case — because you KNOW the whole crew is going to want in on this. This 2014 Santa Barbara blend has aromas of dried fruit, rosemary, coriander and roses, and, as Tituss says, it’s “to be enjoyed by all the kings and kweens.” We’d expect nothing less! (via Giphy)
2. DIY Glitter Wine Glasses: Now that you’ve stocked up on the wine, you’ll obviously need a chalice from which to sip it — we think Tituss would approve of these adorbs glitter wine glasses that you can make yourself using just six items. You can make a different color for each guest, so glasses don’t get mixed up, and with sets running as cheap as $10 for a set of 12 (thank you, Bed Bath & Beyond), you can afford to give these away as party favors! (via Cupcakes + Couture)
3. Homemade Caviar Blini: “Pinot Noir…caviar.” The two kiiiind of go hand-in-hand, thanks to Tituss. Whip up some of these delectable-looking caviar blinis as snacks for your guests, sure to win over even the biggest skeptic: They are, after all, said to be a favorite of Tory Burch herself. (via Cindy Ambuehl Lifestyle)
4. Candy Buffet: Make like a just-escaped-from-the-bunker Kimmy and offer guests candy for dinner in this simple but eye-catching spread: All you need are a few bags of your favorite colorful candy (we’re partial to gummy bears, in case anyone’s wondering), some clear bowls or martini glasses and a white tablecloth, and boom! You’re in business. (via The Life & Times of Joyce)
5. Natori Floral Long Robe ($180): The party’s attire? Unemployed chic, of course. Make your grand entrance in a stylish robe just like the one Tituss wore in Kimmy Goes On a Date! (this long floral Natori version is the same brand as his). Encourage the rest of your guests to show up in their finest, as well! (via Netflix)
7. The Paper Poppy Store Hand-Stamped Necklace or Keychain ($24): Gift your guests with these super cute handmade party favors bearing the best line from the show’s theme song — “females are strong as hell” — to remind them of all the fun you had, and that, goshdarnit, they ARE strong as hell! (via The Paper Poppy Store)
8. The Singing Machine Disco Light Karaoke System ($50): After you’ve all watched the show, you’ll no doubt want to take the fun up a notch by channeling your inner Tituss and belting out some sweet, sweet Boyz II Men. This best-selling karaoke machine, complete with flashing disco lights, will keep you and your guests entertained and feeling like the true stars that you are.
9. DIY Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag: When things have died down and your pals are ready to head back to reality, give them this Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag to carry all their newly acquired party favors home. #Hashbrown, no filter. (via Adventures in Fashion)
Which party idea was your favorite? Let us know over at @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty