9 Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Binge-Watching Party Essentials
Cancel those weekend plans, y’all: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is baaaaaccck (and apparently truly unbreakable, as it was officially renewed for season 3)! The masterminds (BRB, bowing down to Tina Fey) behind the Netflix hit have finally released the show’s second season, in what is sure to be all its overly peppy, diva-esque glory — squee! — and we can’t wait to get our binge on. But anyone who’s ever seen the show knows that it’s far more fun to watch with some company — all the better to share in all the gut-busting hilarity (we’re still giggling about that Lion King reenactment) that is (newly pregnant!) Ellie Kemper, Jane Krakowski, Carol Kane and Tituss Burgess together onscreen. So grab your girls (or guys!) and get ready for a binge-watching sesh of epic proportions: We’ll take care of the party details.
1. Pinot Noir by Tituss Burgess ($25 and up): First and foremost, you can’t have an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt viewing party without some grade-A, authentic Pinot Noir by Tituss Burgess, which is FINALLY available for sale. Buy a single bottle ($25), three bottles ($22 each) or six or more ($20 each). You can also buy it by the case — because you KNOW the whole crew is going to want in on this. This 2014 Santa Barbara blend has aromas of dried fruit, rosemary, coriander and roses, and, as Tituss says, it’s “to be enjoyed by all the kings and kweens.” We’d expect nothing less! (via Giphy)
2. DIY Glitter Wine Glasses: Now that you’ve stocked up on the wine, you’ll obviously need a chalice from which to sip it — we think Tituss would approve of these adorbs glitter wine glasses that you can make yourself using just six items. You can make a different color for each guest, so glasses don’t get mixed up, and with sets running as cheap as $10 for a set of 12 (thank you, Bed Bath & Beyond), you can afford to give these away as party favors! (via Cupcakes + Couture)
3. Homemade Caviar Blini: “Pinot Noir…caviar.” The two kiiiind of go hand-in-hand, thanks to Tituss. Whip up some of these delectable-looking caviar blinis as snacks for your guests, sure to win over even the biggest skeptic: They are, after all, said to be a favorite of Tory Burch herself. (via Cindy Ambuehl Lifestyle)
4. Candy Buffet: Make like a just-escaped-from-the-bunker Kimmy and offer guests candy for dinner in this simple but eye-catching spread: All you need are a few bags of your favorite colorful candy (we’re partial to gummy bears, in case anyone’s wondering), some clear bowls or martini glasses and a white tablecloth, and boom! You’re in business. (via The Life & Times of Joyce)
5. Natori Floral Long Robe ($180): The party’s attire? Unemployed chic, of course. Make your grand entrance in a stylish robe just like the one Tituss wore in Kimmy Goes On a Date! (this long floral Natori version is the same brand as his). Encourage the rest of your guests to show up in their finest, as well! (via Netflix)
7. The Paper Poppy Store Hand-Stamped Necklace or Keychain ($24): Gift your guests with these super cute handmade party favors bearing the best line from the show’s theme song — “females are strong as hell” — to remind them of all the fun you had, and that, goshdarnit, they ARE strong as hell! (via The Paper Poppy Store)
8. The Singing Machine Disco Light Karaoke System ($50): After you’ve all watched the show, you’ll no doubt want to take the fun up a notch by channeling your inner Tituss and belting out some sweet, sweet Boyz II Men. This best-selling karaoke machine, complete with flashing disco lights, will keep you and your guests entertained and feeling like the true stars that you are.
9. DIY Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag: When things have died down and your pals are ready to head back to reality, give them this Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag to carry all their newly acquired party favors home. #Hashbrown, no filter. (via Adventures in Fashion)
Which party idea was your favorite? Let us know over at @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.