9 Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Binge-Watching Party Essentials
Cancel those weekend plans, y’all: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is baaaaaccck (and apparently truly unbreakable, as it was officially renewed for season 3)! The masterminds (BRB, bowing down to Tina Fey) behind the Netflix hit have finally released the show’s second season, in what is sure to be all its overly peppy, diva-esque glory — squee! — and we can’t wait to get our binge on. But anyone who’s ever seen the show knows that it’s far more fun to watch with some company — all the better to share in all the gut-busting hilarity (we’re still giggling about that Lion King reenactment) that is (newly pregnant!) Ellie Kemper, Jane Krakowski, Carol Kane and Tituss Burgess together onscreen. So grab your girls (or guys!) and get ready for a binge-watching sesh of epic proportions: We’ll take care of the party details.
1. Pinot Noir by Tituss Burgess ($25 and up): First and foremost, you can’t have an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt viewing party without some grade-A, authentic Pinot Noir by Tituss Burgess, which is FINALLY available for sale. Buy a single bottle ($25), three bottles ($22 each) or six or more ($20 each). You can also buy it by the case — because you KNOW the whole crew is going to want in on this. This 2014 Santa Barbara blend has aromas of dried fruit, rosemary, coriander and roses, and, as Tituss says, it’s “to be enjoyed by all the kings and kweens.” We’d expect nothing less! (via Giphy)
2. DIY Glitter Wine Glasses: Now that you’ve stocked up on the wine, you’ll obviously need a chalice from which to sip it — we think Tituss would approve of these adorbs glitter wine glasses that you can make yourself using just six items. You can make a different color for each guest, so glasses don’t get mixed up, and with sets running as cheap as $10 for a set of 12 (thank you, Bed Bath & Beyond), you can afford to give these away as party favors! (via Cupcakes + Couture)
3. Homemade Caviar Blini: “Pinot Noir…caviar.” The two kiiiind of go hand-in-hand, thanks to Tituss. Whip up some of these delectable-looking caviar blinis as snacks for your guests, sure to win over even the biggest skeptic: They are, after all, said to be a favorite of Tory Burch herself. (via Cindy Ambuehl Lifestyle)
4. Candy Buffet: Make like a just-escaped-from-the-bunker Kimmy and offer guests candy for dinner in this simple but eye-catching spread: All you need are a few bags of your favorite colorful candy (we’re partial to gummy bears, in case anyone’s wondering), some clear bowls or martini glasses and a white tablecloth, and boom! You’re in business. (via The Life & Times of Joyce)
5. Natori Floral Long Robe ($180): The party’s attire? Unemployed chic, of course. Make your grand entrance in a stylish robe just like the one Tituss wore in Kimmy Goes On a Date! (this long floral Natori version is the same brand as his). Encourage the rest of your guests to show up in their finest, as well! (via Netflix)
7. The Paper Poppy Store Hand-Stamped Necklace or Keychain ($24): Gift your guests with these super cute handmade party favors bearing the best line from the show’s theme song — “females are strong as hell” — to remind them of all the fun you had, and that, goshdarnit, they ARE strong as hell! (via The Paper Poppy Store)
8. The Singing Machine Disco Light Karaoke System ($50): After you’ve all watched the show, you’ll no doubt want to take the fun up a notch by channeling your inner Tituss and belting out some sweet, sweet Boyz II Men. This best-selling karaoke machine, complete with flashing disco lights, will keep you and your guests entertained and feeling like the true stars that you are.
9. DIY Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag: When things have died down and your pals are ready to head back to reality, give them this Kimmy Schmidt Tote Bag to carry all their newly acquired party favors home. #Hashbrown, no filter. (via Adventures in Fashion)
Which party idea was your favorite? Let us know over at @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.