13 Off-the-Beaten-Path Bachelorette Party Destinations You Need to Know About
Your BFF is getting married, so it’s time to bust out the party hats and plan her dream bachelorette bash! To celebrate this *ultra* special time in her life, you’ll need an *ultra* unique destination. Luckily for you, there’s a mix of urban, small town, and outdoorsy hidden gems waiting for you below. Fire up that bridal party group text, grab some stylish favors, and get to planning a one-of-a-kind girls’ vacay.
1. Lisbon, Portugal: If the bride-to-be is a total jet-setter, there’s no better getaway abroad than Portugal. Take a winding walk along the cobblestone streets of the Alfama district or spend a day visiting the nearby fishing town of Cascais. You can’t miss the beaches, but definitely don’t leave without going to Hell’s Mouth — an intense name for must-see cliffs.
2. The Adirondacks, New York: Pack up the car and head for the girls’ road trip of a lifetime through the Adirondack Mountains. Stop for a swim in Lake Placid, sleep beneath the stars, and explore the shipwrecks near the Canadian border. Oh, and there’s also a TON of amazing hiking opps!
3. Whistler, British Columbia: So you’ve been to Canada, eh? Experience it through this next-level skiing destination and you’ll feel like you’ve landed in a whole new world. Stay at the Nita Lake Lodge for the perfect combo of luxury and old-town charm that will have your besties smitten.
4. Jackson Hole, Wyoming: You’d really need at least a week to experience all Jackson Hole has to offer, but the major highlights are totally doable in a weekend, if that’s what you’re workin’ with. In the summer, take in amazing wilderness views while hiking in the Bridger-Teton National Forest, or head out in the winter to enjoy over 2,500 acres of stellar ski slopes.
5. Catalina Island, California: Whimsical is the best way to describe a weekend on Catalina Island. After around an hour by boat (with a bar!) from LA, you can set up camp at Pavilion Hotel and enjoy cozy Cali-king-size beds right on the water. What more could a squad ask for?
6. Charlottesville, Virgina: Located along the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this city will sweep you (and your crew) off your feet. And if the bride is a self-proclaimed foodie, you’ll want to head over to Albermale Baking Co. for baked currant donuts, or munch on fruits and sip wine at the 30+ local orchards and vineyards.
7. Sedona Valley, Arizona: The stunning view is just one of the reasons why you might pick this jaw-dropping terrain. Another is that it’s full of adventure. Drop off your bags and head to Devil’s Bridge for a photo-op at the top, or watch the sunrise as you float in a hot air balloon with your squad.
8. Chattanooga, Tennessee: Does the bride-to-be love fried chicken and country music? Nashville might be the obvious choice, but Chattanooga is sure to charm your socks off with its quaint atmosphere. Stay at the world-famous Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel, which was originally opened in 1909 as a Terminal Station, and get ready for full-on Southern hospitality.
9. Park City, Utah: This next-level ski town may get all the buzz come wintertime, but visiting during off-season is surprisingly affordable and has tons of culinary gems. After a day of hiking or stand-up paddle board yoga in a 10,000-year-old cave, mosey on over to Riverhorse on Main, where dinner might start out with a local goat cheese crisp topped with quince jam.
10. Mackinac Island, Michigan: Pack your comfy shoes, because this is a town you can *only* walk around (with a drink in your hand, of course). Browse Airbnb and HomeAway to find a gorg place to stay and nom on all of the sweet possibilities of America’s Fudge Capital.
11. Bainbridge Island, Washington: When you think of Washington, your mind will head straight to Seattle. But Starbucks’ birth state is home to so much more than overcast weather — including this vibrant island with seven artisan wineries, a brewery, and an organic distillery. Convince your crew to lodge on a yacht with Dreamboat Adventure Sailing for a unique experience.
12. Asheville, North Carolina: For the boho bride who adores lush, green surroundings, amazing food, and culture, head to the valley of Asheville. Make sure you include a morning hike on the parkway and indulge in a few local beers while you’re hanging.
13. Bar Harbor, Maine: If you’re looking for a nature-loving adventure, head north to Acadia National Park. You’ll find so many different types of trails. Our ultimate favorite is the Bear Brook Trail: a pine slope with views of Frenchman Bay that will seriously take your breath away.
Looking for more ideas to celebrate the bride-to-be? Follow us on Pinterest for more bachelorette party ideas!
(Photos via Getty)