16 Magical Reasons Why You Should Throw a Unicorn Party
With springtime colors popping up all around, now’s the time kick off the season’s celebratory spirit by throwing the ultimate unicorn party for your next brunchtime fête or baby shower (or your dog’s birthday party… we know you’re planning one!). There’s no better way to add some *magic* to your festivities than with a rainbow palette and theme inspired by these majestic creatures. Let this comprehensive list of mystical must-haves show you that fairytale dreams really do come true, and they come in shades of pastel cotton candy and sparkles. Scroll through for 18 whimsy-and-wonder-filled party essentials that will guarantee an unforgettable celebration.
1. Unicorn Cake: Find gold candles for this dreamy, rainbow-layered cake, then whip up your buttercream frosting extra fluffy (think: cloud texture) before icing your creation. Top off your cake with the glittery candles at odd angles, instead of the usual straight up and down, to create the whimsical look of unicorn horns. (via Studio DIY)
2. Pastel Cotton Candy Cream Soda: Start your party off right taking a sip from these whimsical pastel-colored cream sodas. Pour a very small amount of flavored soda in the bottom of your glass, add club soda then some ice cream before garnishing your drinks with a little cotton candy fluff. (via Aww, Sam)
3. DIY Unicorn Piñata: It’s not a fiesta until you kick it up a notch with a piñata. To get yours looking as awesome as this sparkly unicorn, make over an ordinary donkey or horse piñata using iridescent cellophane and tissue paper in a variety of pastel colors. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. DIY Unicorn Party Photo Backdrop: Guests won’t be able to stop snapping selfies once you set up a gorgeous, shimmery backdrop. Use pom poms to make clouds and add metallic streamers and colorful fringe garlands for the ultimate photo opp. (via Pillow Thought)
5. Magical Rainbow Unicorn Candy Bark: Your friends will be thrilled to find out that unicorn candy bark is a thing. Not only does it combine everyone’s favorite treats, it’s also pretty af. (via Hello, Wonderful)
6. DIY Unicorn Glitter Shaker: Forget salt and pepper — it’s all about the glitter. These made-over unicorn-shaped shakers are a unique way to help you spice up your decor with glitter, so you can keep your fête sparkling through the whole party. (via A Bubbly Life)
7. DIY Unicorn Horn Headband: Your guests will love getting to dress the part for your themed party with these unicorn horn headbands. Add some spray adhesive and sparkles for optimum *magical wonder* and send them off to the photo booth. (via Tikkido)
8. Magic in a Cone: Both anime and unicorn-lovers will be able to relate with this seriously surreal cotton candy in a cone dessert. Complete with fondant sparkles, this treat will add a deliciously fun element to your party’s whimsical decor. (via @fluffegram)
9. Jumbo Mylar Unicorn Balloon ($8): You can’t have a unicorn party without a few unicorn balloons. Give your confetti-dipped inflatables a four-legged, one-horned friend to hang with during the party. They can also double as party favors when the festivities come to an end.
10. Pin the Horn on the Unicorn Game: Keep your guests entertained with games and activities. For this fun pin the horn game, all you’ll need is to cut out a unicorn-shaped outline, glittery horns and fashionable DIY blindfold. (via A Bubbly Life)
11. Candy Taco: Whoever thought to combine tacos with sweets was a genius. That’s just two things everyone loves, which makes it an ingenious idea for your party. Set up a taco bar with a variety of colorful toppings to make it an Instagrammable activity for guests. (via @fluffegram)
12. Unicorn Drink Stirrer ($9+): Drinks aren’t party-ready until you’ve stuck in a decorative stirrer or garnish. Spruce up your drinks with a fitting unicorn-shaped drink stirrer.
13. Unicorn Onesies Purple Unicorn Pony Style Onesie ($55): If you thought onesies couldn’t get any better, make way for this unicorn-inspired one. Step out and surprise your guests with this silly getup that’ll have your friends cracking up.
14. Unicorn Candy Skewer: This candy skewer is perfect for your guests with a sweet tooth, and is definitely one to include at your party. Finish off the skewer with a unicorn-shaped topper to decorate and hold your snacks in place. (via The Alison Show)
15. Rainbow Unicorn Candy Favors: Send your friends off with an assortment of rainbow candies. Pick up a few plastic unicorn toys, spray paint them gold then glue each one to a lid of the bottle, for a favor that’ll decorate their shelf or tabletop long after your unicorn bash. (via Catch My Party)
16. DIY Unicorn Party Favor Boxes: Once the party’s over, your friends will love being able to keep the sparkle going and take treats home from your unicorn party. Throw in a colorful temporary tattoo and some sweet treats to keep some of the magic alive. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
Which of these unicorn party essentials were your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.”