So long, standard journal. You may still be our go-to for everyday tasks like brainstorming and note-taking, but a wedding calls for something much more unique. We’re talking a fun, non-traditional guest book relatives will love signing and newlyweds will love displaying at home for years to come. Ready to get creative? From globes to artsy posters to holiday ornaments, these 14 ideas guarantee that no matter how fast the day goes by, loved ones’ kind wishes will live on forever.
1. Vintage Globe: Love really does make the world go ’round. Have your guests make it known with a sweet vintage globe like this one. (via Kelly Benton Photography)
2. Poster: They may not all be artists, but your guests can still help complete a masterpiece by signing an original poster like this one. (via Anchor and Ivory Photography)
3. Vintage Postcards: Vintage postcards and handwritten messages will never go out of style. After each guest fills out a card, have a friend mail them to you throughout your first year of marriage. (via Heather Roth Fine Art Photography)
4. Polaroid Photo Book: This guest book marries two things we love – photo booths and photo books. It’s fun for guests and makes a great keepsake for you. (via Kristen Weaver Photography)
5. State Guest Book: Show a little state pride with your guest book. It’ll make for a great piece of art on your gallery wall. (via Greer G Photography)
6. Holiday Ornaments: Planning a December wedding? Buy a batch of colorful ornaments and let guests dress them up with sweet messages or artwork. (via Bartlett Pair Photography)
7. Baseball Bats: This guest book really hits it out of the park. (via Leo Timoshuk Photography)
8. Signature Plate ($40): Future houseguests will love dishing about this pretty plate. You can even DIY your own by mixing vintage plates and using porcelain pens. (Photo via Things Remembered)
9. Coasters ($32 for 30): Toast your love long after you’re done saying “I do” by letting guests share advice via a stylish set of coasters. (Photo via BHLDN)
10. Jenga Blocks: You’re never too old for Jenga. Show off your playful side by using a set of game blocks as your guest book. (via Love One Another Photography)
11. Map: Oh, the places you’ll go! This map-themed guest book is perfect for jet setters. (via Adrienne Gunde Photography)
12. Surfboard: Surf’s up! A board makes a gnarly choice for seaside nuptials. (via Bluephoto Photography)
13. Thumbprint Book: What could be cuter than thumbprint portraits in a rainbow of colors? (via Philadelphia Magazine)
14. Vinyl Records: Make your love go platinum. Vinyl records featuring your first dance song and other favorites are sure to spin up fun memories later on. (via Sarah E. Evans Photography)
What’s your favorite type of non-traditional guest book? Share your creative ideas below.