The guest book. It’s a wedding staple that has survived the ages, but that doesn’t mean it has to be outdated. Forget a bare journal and a pen. It’s time to give those loving messages (and your favorite people) the space they deserve. These non-traditional guest books jump off the page, from poppy photos to wall art for your newlywed home. Trust us, as memory-filled as these guest books are, they’ll be just as memory making for your guests!
1. Music Maker: We love that this couple combined their love for music with their love for the people celebrating their love (we know, that’s a lot of love). Have guests sign a guitar if you’re a pair of rock stars, or choose something from another hobby like a basketball for sports fanatics. (via Sloan Photographers)
2. Story Line: We bet your guests have a lot of great stories to share. Instead of passing the mic around for a room full of toasts, have them jot their favorite memory on a stock card. Then, ask them to pin it to a clothing line to create a timeline of your lives together. (via Project Wedding)
3. Photo Booth: This one is a two-fer. You get to put up a photo booth to entertain your guests and get them to share the love on a chalkboard prop. Collect all of your guests’ (sure to be wacky) pics and throw them into one amazing, hilarious and heartfelt album to be enjoyed for years to come. (via Creative Odds n’ Ends)
4. Custom Photo Wedding Guest Book Puzzle ($245): This isn’t just an ordinary 70-piece puzzle. It’s made from your favorite couple photo (hello, that’s what engagement shoots are for!) to hang at the wedding. Guests sign the back of each puzzle piece so when you put them all together you have a masterpiece full of love.
5. Western Wall Art: Have a stunning wall collection? This blogger sure did. She added to her antler collection with one signed by her nearest and dearest wedding guests to the wall. Do the same with enamel wall animals or whatever you collect in your space! (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Pocket It: If you’re still in love with the journal idea, refresh it by adding mini envelopes with matching cards for guests to stuff inside. Make it a game with your new hubby and only open a few every anniversary. Interested in a different storage solution? Use a bowl to collect cards, then pull well wishes out at random. (via LDS Bride Blog)
7. Globetrotters: Marrying your best travel companion? Share your love of seeing the world with your party goers by having them give a globe a spin, then writing a sweet note atop their favorite country. (via Two Birds One Stone)
8. Old School Snaps: Sometimes the newest ideas come from the oldest. Take this twist on a guest book for example: Leave out a Polaroid camera and film for your friends and family to snap pics. They’ll sign their name right to the photo before hanging it up with the others. (via Live, Laugh, Love, Marriage)
10. Be Square: When loved ones sign their name to a quilt square, you’ll have everything you need for a super cozy throw. This is one “guest book” that will really warm your heart! (via Wedding Chicks)
11. Ivory Cream Wood “Wishes” Guest Book Box ($25): When you lock your family and friends’ wishes inside this beautiful wood box, they’re bound to come true. Good thing they’ll only have the best marital bliss wishes for you!
Love these ideas? Tell us how you did or will save your wedding memories below!