The 5 Best Ways to Turn Your Photos Into a Book
As we’ve gone almost completely digital in the world of photos, it’s hard to keep the tradition of photo albums alive. But there’s definitely something about a photo album or photo book that’s tough to beat. Paging through memories is such a joy that it seems silly to lose out on it as we go digital.
Enter, photo books! You can design them just how you want, or use a service that lets you automatically upload straight from your phone without any bells or whistles. Whatever book you’re looking to make, there’s one on this list that’s sure to fit the bill.
1. Mosaic: First up, we have Mosaic. You may recognize this tool from our 10 ways to Turn Your Digital Photos into Real Life Objects roundup. The minimalist app makes it easy to turn any collection of photos into a gorgeous coffee table book. Every book is 7 inches by 7 inches, contains 20 photos, costs $20, and lands at your doorstep 4 days after ordering.
Best of all, you can create your Mosaic directly from your phone. At just $20 a pop, we love the idea of creating these for both small and big occasions. Who says that impromptu barbecue isn’t worthy of its own book?
2. MILK Photo Books: If you love a nice coffee table book, but also dig digital reads, then MILK Books are for you. Upload your images to their site and design a custom book, or use one of their pre-prepared templates. You can make collaborative books with family and friends, too. Invite up to nine other people to work on your book while its in progress. Just make sure to proof your friends photos before you print! ;)
When you’re done, you’ll have a Digital Flip Book to share online and a physical photo book to browse in the analog world. Open flat binding, linen fabric covers, and the option to add video content to digital versions make MILK one of our favorite options. With books starting at just $37.50, what are you waiting for?
3. Printstagram: We’ve written about this one before, but it’s because we love it! Predictably powered by Instagram, Prinstagram turns all those perfectly cropped and filtered square photos into gorgeous paper goods. The options here are so affordable, it’s hard not to buy everything!
Their aptly named tinybooks measure just 1.7 inches by 1.5 inches. Each book holds 24 Instagram photos and you get three books for $10. Aren’t these the cutest photo books you’ve ever seen? We love them. If those are a little too tiny for you (is there such a thing?), try Prinstagram’s minibooks. At 3.5 inches by 2.4 inches, each book holds 50 pictures and you get two for $12. Win!
4. Blurb: Turn your Instagram feed into a bigger book (try 7 inches by 7 inches) with Blurb. You can connect your Instagram account to Blurb and then add pics directly to their templates. You’ll have a custom photo book in no time. Starting at $18.99, we think these would be great as bridesmaid or groomsmen gifts.
You can make other print books with Blurb, too. And here’s the kicker: You can even sell your books on their site. That’s right, you can create and publish a book in the same place. Or, turn your print book into an e-book and sell that. Ah-mazing.
5. Picaboo: Last, but certainly not least, we have Picaboo. With softcover photo books starting at $15.99 and hardcovers starting at $29.99, we love the idea of gifting these to friends and family for the holidays. Books come in a landscape or square layout. You can pick from a variety of themes ranging from birthdays and babies to cookbooks and collages, or you can completely customize your book from start to finish. Seriously, you can even personalize the spine of your book.
The best thing about Picaboo? Their books are made with flexible hinges, allowing your pages to lay completely flat (and your book to stay open!) no matter what. Talk about seamless picture viewing!
Have you ever made a photo book? Is there a company we should add to our list? Talk to us in the comments below.