In a sea of perfect Pinterest posts and enviable Instagram feeds, it can be easy to get caught up in mesmerizing aesthetics. Stunning closets, radiant living rooms, and the coziest bedrooms to ever grace our screens often lead us to capture a screenshot for future inspiration. Of course, if you’re ballin’ on a budget and don’t have a ton of money to spend on trendy decor, you might feel discouraged. But never fear; we’ve found you 10 chic and useful items that will immediately make your home look more upscale.
1. Beekman 1802 FarmHouse Entryway Wall Organizer ($150): Any Joanna and Chip Gaines fans out there? This country chic wall organizer is perfect for the foyer or mudroom in your home. A big component to an upscale aesthetic is removing clutter and achieving an effortless, minimalist look. By using this wall organizer, you can easily hang keys, umbrellas, jackets, or any other items you need to quickly grab before heading out the door. It’ll instantly make you look more organized and the mirror is great for last-minute hair and makeup checks.
2. West Elm Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover ($69): Instantly spruce up your old decorative pillows with this luxe pillow cover. When people ask you what it is, you can quaintly express, “It’s Mongolian lamb.” (Props if you actually know what Mongolian lamb is.)
3. DC Fix Marble Adhesive Film ($12+): Marble is all the rage, but it doesn’t exactly come with a cheap price tag. This adhesive can be applied to desks and shelves to immediately give an upscale look to your existing furniture. After scrolling through the reviews, we’re inspired to cover our laptop, countertops, and dresser in marble.
4. Hotel 6-Piece Towel Set ($80): Sure, towels aren’t the first thing that come to mind when you’re on the journey of home improvement, but they’re an important part of the equation. Having matching towels hanging and on the shelves of your bathroom that are cohesive in design, and free of stains and fading, will immediately make your home look that much nicer.
5. Andover Mills Channing Leaning Bookcase ($77): Switch out your old bookshelf for a leaning one. The minimalist style and modern construction will make it look like a piece of art in your living room, office, or bedroom. Just don’t clutter your new shelves with too many trinkets.
6. Ben’s Garden Best Cocktails Set of 4 Coasters ($42): People who use coasters in order to protect their furniture basically have their life together, right? These coasters have a sentimental quote on them to make your next cocktail night with friends as sweet as can be.
7. Rosanna Luxe Moderne Appetizer Plates ($66): Be the hostess with the mostest with these gold, patterned appetizer plates that’ll take your dinner parties to a whole new level of chic.
8. Modern by Dwell Magazine 2-Drawer File Cart ($320): Clean up those piles of papers cluttering up your place and get organized with a file cart. Nothing says “adulting” like having your important files neatly housed. Bonus: This cart also works as a great side table in your office or bedroom.
9. Anthropologie Copper Cone Hanging Light ($128): Stepping your lighting game up is an easy way to improve the overall aesthetic of your abode. This elegant hanging light is uber affordable and will help your eyes adjust when reading late at night.
10. Darby Home Co. Tufted Headboard ($148): If you don’t have a headboard already, it’s an easy statement piece to elevate the chicness of your bedroom. Headboards also serve as pretty backdrops for lazy Sunday selfies.
Which piece is your fave? Tell us over @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.