9 Irresistible Valentine’s Day Treats to Share With Your Friends
You like to take it next level in the kitchen, especially when there’s holiday fun to be had. If you and bae are planning a little festive Valentine’s Day baking, you’re looking to put a sweet spin on family fun or you just want to whip up a few treats to bring to work and share with your co-workers, there are plenty of recipes to try out. Chocolate-dipped pretzels covered in festive sprinkles can help you and the boo keep it low key, while more intricate projects like fancy macarons are challenging enough to reward you with delicious victory. When it comes to baked goods, there’s something for everyone. Scroll on for nine delicious, irresistibly festive Valentine’s Day treats that’ll inspire you to share the love.
1. Chocolate Cherry Macarons: While making macarons may seem intimidating, all your hard work will pay off once you bite into this incredibly light cookie. And these aren’t just any ordinary macarons — they’re actually filled with fluffy chocolate buttercream and a maraschino cherry. Yum! (via Taste and Tell Blog)
2. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies: A box of strawberry cake mix helps these come together in a jiffy and will leave you with perfectly soft, gooey cookies. There’s no need to chill the dough prior to baking, so you’ll be done in just 20 minutes from start to finish. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
3. Peppermint Patties: This classic treat is completely no-bake and will quickly become your new go-to dessert for DIY gifts, potlucks or that Sunday afternoon craving for sweets. Grab a few leftover candy canes and crush ’em up for a delicious topper. Go ahead and double the recipe while you’re at it, because they’ll go FAST. (via The Gunny Sack)
4. Chocolate Covered Pretzels: For the ultimate combination of salty and sweet, these super easy chocolate-dipped pretzels are just divine. Since they’re so easy to make, this is a great project for your kiddo to help with. They’ll love working with you in the kitchen and will be so proud to hand out these treats to their little friends. (via Sweet Fix)
5. Strawberry Meringue Cookies: These delicate swirled meringues are just as fun to look as as they are to eat. Pack up a few in cellophane bags and hand them out to all your friends for a treat they’ll absolutely love. Once you learn how to make these, you can whip them up for every holiday in any color and flavor combination. (via Cooking Classy)
6. Chocolate Shortbread Cookies: It’s time to break out that heart-shaped cooke cutter. Crisp, buttery shortbread cookies are a welcome mid-day treat your co-workers will fall madly in love with. Don’t be surprised if you get bombarded with recipe requests afterwards. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
7. Candy Bar Pretzel Bites: Fun-sized candy bars are your BFF when it comes to this recipe, and they make for the ultimate gooey, chocolatey center. With only three minutes of baking time, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of this one sooner. (via The Gunny Sack)
8. Heart Rice Krispies Treats: Your kids and their classmates will freak out when they see their favorite sweet treat in fun heart shapes instead of the regular squares. Take it a step further and turn these into rice krispies pops by adding lollipop sticks and cute phrases with piping gel. (via Pint-Sized Treasures)
9. Valentine’s Bark: If you need something simple that you can throw together at the last minute, look no further than this simply divine bark recipe. If you can melt chocolate, you can handle this one. Give them away wrapped in cellophane bags tied with baker’s twine or just set it out on a pretty platter. Either way, it won’t last long, so make sure you snag a bite too. (via Lil’ Luna)
Which one of these treats will you whip up for Valentine’s Day? Make sure you snap a pic and tag us on Instagram so we can take a peek!