When we think of vegan food, our minds veer toward lentil stews and tempeh tacos and probably not cheesy dishes like pizza or a creamy mac. But vegans have proven themselves to be masterminds when it comes to recreating comfort food classics. That’s why digging up a collection of melty and saucy vegan mac was a breeze. These 12 recipes will have your tummy grumbling, whether you’re into dairy or not!
1. Best Vegan White Mac and Cheese: Velvety vegan cream cheese is what makes this mac the rich and dreamy meal that it is. Spiced to perfection, this glorious recipe only takes 20 minutes from start to finish. (via This Savory Vegan)
3. Leprechaun Mac and Cheese: If you need to *hide* your veggies from a few folks in your fam, this creamy mac is the way to do it, as it blends spinach and cauliflower right into the cashew cream sauce. (via Veggies Don’t Bite)
5. Vegan Macaroni and Cheese: Topped with toasty spelt bread crumbs, this dish will give your average mac a run for its money with a silky vegan cheese sauce and wholesome Swiss chard. (via Taste of Yummy)
6. Garlicky Korean Mac and Cheese With Gochujang: This mac is spicy, garlicky, and out of this world with an East Asian spin that just might have you straying from your regular ol’ recipe for a while. (via Vegan Richa)
7. Chili Mac and Cheese: For those days when you can’t decide on comforting chili or a cheesy bowl of mac, this recipe gives you both, with a mouthwatering macadamia cheese sauce, juicy tomatoes, wholesome beans, and punchy spices. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
8. Vegan White Bean Mac and Cheese: In just 30 minutes and with minimal ingredients, you can dig into this crave-worthy mac that is swimming in a protein-packed white bean cheese sauce. (via Rhian’s Recipes)
10. Green Chile Mac and Cheese: This cozy bowl of mac kicks things up with jalapeños stirred into the cashew sauce and a crispy panko-cilantro breadcrumb topping that will throw you into a state of euphoria. (via The Veggie Chick)
11. Quick and Easy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Mac n’ Cheese: Roasted red peppers bring a warming flavor to the luscious and “cheesy” cashew cream sauce, making this vegan version a hard one to pass up. (via The Full Helping)
Looking for more delicious vegan recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!