Finding the right swimwear can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. You can try on suit after suit and still end up empty-handed. But if the cutest suit on the beach is what you’re after, look no further than classic styles to help you stand out. Retro and vintage-inspired bathing suits are taking over the beach, and it’s easy to see why. These flattering suits are not just comfortable — they also turn anyone into a pinup-worthy Hollywood starlet. Turn to playful prints and body-shaping designs to get you ready to hit the boardwalk, old-school style.
1. High Dive by Modcloth Sand Another Thing Bikini Top ($49) and Bottoms ($45): Channel your inner ’70s beach babe with this keyhole bikini set in a bright, geometric print.
3. Solid & Striped The Juliette One-Piece Swimsuit ($168): Sailing away this summer? Don’t forget to pack this adorable, nautical-style suit. This timeless buy works for lounging on the beach or hoisting the mainsail.
4. HDE Women’s Retro Bikini High Waist Vintage Style Swimsuit ($13): A bikini with a long line top and high-waisted bottoms may have you mistaking yourself for Marilyn Monroe. Choose between this polka dots and solid red number or one of the eight other colors available.
5. Unique Vintage Plus Size Black & Leopard Print One Piece Swimsuit ($62): Get ready to feel like the coolest babe on the beach. Leopard print combined with classic black is always fierce, no matter what year it is.
6. Venus Shorty One-Piece Swimsuit ($69): Being a classic, bathing beauty is actually quite simple. Opt for an oldie but goodie like this ruched, halter-style suit, and you’ll instantly feel like a Hollywood femme fatale.
9. Motel Floral One-Piece Swimsuit ($58): Step up your usual one-piece swimsuit game by opting for some feminine flair. This ruffled off-the-shoulder option is flirty and sure to turn heads.
10. Bikiniboo Amazing Peach Coral And White Polka Dot Print Bathing Suit ($56): What else says vintage style like polka dots? The print styles perfectly with retro-inspired designs.
11. Swimsuits For All Diva White Dot High Waist Bikini ($47): It’s time to connect the dots: Your swimwear needs are totally solved with this delightful halter-style bikini. The suit also sports some supporting padding and boning to keep you secure during any summer activity.
12. Zara Retro Print Swimsuit with Bow ($46): You’ve officially found the ultimate suit for strutting your retro style. Psychedelic details like brightly colored flowers and paisley feel like you’ve time traveled to the Summer of Love.
Do you have any recommendations for retro swimwear? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.