If your style leans toward low-seating sofas, geometric patterns, and stylish silhouettes, you’ve got a taste for mid-century modern. While the price tag can be a bit hard to swallow, there *are* affordable options out there! Wayfair carries a variety of budget-friendly and #ontrend options — from retro sofas to bright tulip chairs — that make it extra easy to decorate your home. And since they offer FREE two-day shipping, your items will be at your door quicker than you can finish a few episodes of Mad Men. Scroll down to see 21 of our fave blast-from-the-past decor ideas and get ready to start shopping!
1. Porthos Home Mina End Table ($122): Put your home accents on the prettiest pedestal. The pastel paint job gives this end table a fab flair, while the industrial structure provides some v cool mod vibes.
2. Madison Home USA Mid-Century Sofa ($530): Between the pop of color, tufted design, and hardwood frame, this might just be the mid-century sofa of your dreams. Not digging the yellow? No worries! There are several other fun shades to choose from.
3. Edgemod Trattoria Side Chair ($220, set of four): Wondering how to upgrade your kitchen? Trattoria chairs are timeless. No matter your existing decor, these chairs will fit right in.
4. South Shore Lexington Platform Bed ($141): If your bedroom is looking a little stale, a groovy period platform bed can add some life back in. Just style it with a multi-colored comforter and a few throw pillows.
5. Langley Street Carneal TV Stand ($94): Tune into your fave flicks with a TV stand that takes you back a few decades. Play it up with a contemporary lamp or rug for a look that just might be as captivating as the flicks themselves.
6. Diamond Sofa Tangent Coffee Table ($208): Color meets form and function in this multi-level console that’s just vying to be the center of your room.
7. Lights Up! Weegee Tripod Floor Lamp ($395): A fun floor lamp not only lights up your room, but it can also highlight the personality in a dated chair with no extra effort. Pair these blues and greens with orange tones to complement your color scheme.
8. Design Tree Home Side Chair ($162): The acrylic works to keep it contemporary, while the wooden legs lean mod. Whether your table is rustic or contemporary, the combo will totally elevate your current dining sitch.
9. Corrigan Studio Daly Console Table ($269): Between the long, angled legs and the light blue finish, this entryway piece is sure to give off the best first impression.
10. Wade Logan Courtney Table Lamp ($118, set of two): Infuse a pop of personality into your room with a set of lively table lamps. Place one on a lone table, or pair them at opposite ends of a console.
11. Langley Street Eytel Arm Chair ($130): Color is key when you’re styling a low-slung armchair. Go full-on retro with a few bold accents and color-blocked art, or opt for a more boho blend with natural wood pieces and an ornate chandelier.
12. Viv + Rae Ramon Cable Knit Ottoman ($138): Your long day warrants some much-needed rest. Prop your feet on a crocheted ottoman that sets the mood back to much more chill times.
13. Mercury Row Camden End Table ($74): Who knew your end table game could look so good? Make a statement with an interesting geometric piece and a few gold accessories.
14. Corrigan Studio Dean TV Stand ($134): If you’re on the hunt for a funky furniture piece that stands the test of time, look no further. The lightweight design makes it easy to adjust around the room, with plenty of nooks to tuck your knickknacks away.
15. Nordic Upholstery Mid-Century Modern Sofa ($700): The #millenialpink vibes are strong with this one. Pair it with rich jewel tones like navy blues or emerald greens for a whimsical feel, or keep it ultra femme and preppy with black and white pieces.
16. eModern Decor Mid Century Modern Chair ($139): Here’s a classic chair that works in almost any setting, whether it sets the table for dinner or complements a pretty sofa.
17. Diamond Sofa Tangent Writing Desk ($315): If you’re revamping your workspace, go for a piece that’ll liven up your aesthetic. The semi-neutral palette here will work well for almost any taste.
18. Baxton Studio Sergio Wood Drawer Chest ($235): Create a mid-century look while doubling your wardrobe space with these slanted drawers and a splayed-leg design.
19. Langley Street 1 Drawer Nightstand ($66): A simple, color-treated nightstand can make a big statement in your bedroom. Just add in an arched lamp and abstract rug for a far-out look.
20. Mercury Row Arcadios Chevron Ottoman ($55): There’s something about chevron that’s appropriate for almost any decorating scenario. Marry the look with a minimalist dresser and an orange accent to prove there’s no exception to the rule.
21. ACME Furniture Boyd Rectangular Writing Desk ($278): Who knew WFH could look so glam? Elevate your workday with a desk that bridges both glass and stone elements for one stunning ensemble.
Looking for more fun decor trends to try? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.