14 Ways to Rock the Pajama Trend Beyond the Bedroom This Fall
If you haven’t already warmed up to the idea of sporting your luxurious silk PJs beyond the bedroom, then time’s a tickin’ to get with this lazy girl-approved trend. Not just restricted to after-hours, pajama shirts, flowy robes and pretty slips are totally game when it comes to statement-making fall fashion. Now that you know how to transition your slip dress for fall and how to style lingerie outside of the bedroom, we’re back with 14 pajama-inspired styles with IRL potential. Yes, we’re dead serious.
1. Reformation Ellen Top ($168): Understated date-night look? Right this way. Confidence is key when it comes to this silk blouse with a sexy borrowed-from-the-boys fit. Leaving just the right amount to the imagination, it’ll stun with an oversized blazer, denim cutoffs and suede mules.
2. Zara Pajama-Style Jacket ($36): Channel that comfy-cozy feeling all season long with this dreamy salmon pink pajama-inspired jacket that’s no-nonsense in the best possible way. *Praise hands emoji.* With acid-wash skinnies, a crop top and ankle booties in tow, you’ve got one solid #OOTD within reach.
3. J.Crew Collection Drake’s for J.Crew Pajama Top in Midnight Unicorn ($198): An extravagant silk pajama top is exactly what the doctor ordered for fancy dinner parties, Sunday brunch or even a sleepover with your squad. This fantasy unicorn print button-down can not only be worn as a top, but it can double as a chic jacket in disguise — see how it’s effortlessly worn with a striped tee above — for a look that would do Jenna Lyons proud.
4. ASOS Pajama Blouse in Blocked Animal Print ($55): When every other button-down in your closet feels overly predictable, bring your A-game with this next-level animal print blouse that demands attention. Hit up a networking happy hour by styling it with streamlined trousers, power pumps and a slouchy clutch.
5. New Revival Emerald Chiffon Lace Pleated Off the Shoulder Dress ($114): No need to reach for the same ol’ LBD when you have an emerald slip dress with this much around-the-clock appeal. Between the scalloped lace and risqué cold-shoulder style, it’s guaranteed to make an entrance — just add chandelier earrings, ankle-strap steppers and a hands-free velvet sac for a night on the town. A faux fur topper will be required once the temps get nippy.
6. Zara Pajama Style Floral Printed Trousers ($50): This is NOT a drill: You can officially wear floral printed trousers in the boardroom, and HR can’t say a thing. Reach fashion MVP status by styling these floral print trousers with a white V-neck tee and menswear-inspired backless loafers. Top it off with a matchy-matchy blazer or go utilitarian with a tough-girl parka for a uniform that slays.
7. ASOS Lux Pyjama Suit With Piping Detail ($146): Yes, you can sport a pajama suit to the workplace. Don’t let anyone — not even HR — tell you otherwise. Before a case of FOMO sets in, do parade this navy pajama suit for an afternoon of back-to-back meetings alongside some sleek heels, smart specs and a streamlined briefcase.
8. Jaded London Alley Cat Kimono Robe ($98): Who would’ve thought your slinky kimono robe could look this boss for a night on the town or a lazy Sunday? With more swagger than your everyday bomber — check out that panther and rose print design — this velvet kimono robe is anything but blasé. You can toss it over leather pants or slip it on with a bodysuit and high-waisted mom jeans for a head-turning look.
9. Topshop Tall Metallic Pyjama Shirt ($90): Metallics for the daytime? We’re so down. This fancy pajama shirt is way too chic for catching those extra zzzs — it deserves to be seen out on the dance floor alongside some sky-high platforms. The relaxed fit would look best complemented by some streamlined leather joggers or even laid-back-chic boyfriend jeans.
10. ASOS Alter Tall Sleeveless Longline Soft Pyjama Blazer With Contrast Piping ($78): Enough with the stuffy boardroom blazers — this dialed-down longline pajama blazer is where it’s at. It’s carefree enough to team with cropped denim flares and cap-toe slingbacks, and dressy enough to elevate a lace camisole and silk trousers come happy hour.
11. Reformation Jammie Pant ($138): If only you didn’t have to change out of your comfy jammies after treating yo’self to breakfast in bed. But actually. Give new meaning to the phrase off-duty chic with these crimson silk bottoms that call for a fly bomber and sporty kicks for an afternoon spent out and about. We’re not hating it.
12. Mango Printed Robe ($100): TBH, when your robe is this dang fancy, you find a way to rock it beyond the confines of your bedroom walls. Thanks to the gold foil-like florals, this fierce topper can double for a black-tie affair (just throw it over a slinky lace-up bodycon dress) or a low-key weekend spent running errands (flea market flares are your BFF).
13. Pixie Market Navy Pajama Shirt ($49): Get ready to perfect your roll-out-of-bed-and-go routine with this navy pajama shirt that requires zero effort. Seriously, nada! Embrace messy bed head, all the while teaming this bad boy with a denim button-front skirt, lace-up flats and a mini bucket bag for a look that takes you from dawn to dusk. It’s that easy.
14. Free People Kendall Trapeze Slip ($68): So. Much. YAS. You too can snag that coveted model-off-duty look (cough, cough, Kendall Jenner) with some strategic layering. Get ready to dial up the drama with this come-hither slip that calls for a basic white mock-neck sweater and some suede OTK boots. Complete the look with a ‘90s-esque choker and retro sunnies with a don’t-mess-around ‘tude.
Will you be embracing the pajama trend this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.