20 Lingerie Pieces You Could Actually Wear Outside of the Bedroom
When it comes to lingerie, the word alone can be too taboo to talk about in a lot of circles. For most people, this kind of garment is usually associated with intimacy and full-on sex appeal, so it truly thrives in the bedroom. But instead of leaving this lacy apparel to the comfort of your four walls, take those intimates and expose them to the outside world. Yes, we’re dead serious: You can wear your lingerie outside. With a little bit of imagination and a few styling hacks, you can easily mix and match your lingerie pieces with the rest of your everyday clothes. Take a peek at some of the must-have pieces of lingerie that are too chic to only keep in between the sheets.
1. Forever 21 Embroidered Mesh Maxi Dress ($33): This mesh maxi dress flashes your bod in all the right places. Wear it over a pair of high-waisted, full-coverage underwear if you’re daring or lay it over a turtleneck dress for some extra flair during the colder months.
2. Free People Losin’ It Romper ($88): There is no better way to romp around than in this Free People garment. While the front has a deep low-cut front, the florals really play on the outfit to keep it girly and fresh.
3. Sugar Cookies Christine Gatsby Kimono ($425): This kimono screams royalty with its ethereal peacock motif and floral prints made out of Italian silk. Leave your bulky cardigan at home and use it as a luxe layer in the office.
4. Adore Me Black Teddy Kristen ($50): This sexy little number is perfect to wear as a tank top for a night out with your crush. Keep the rest of your ensemble’s silhouettes boxy and loose or pair it with a pencil skirt to up the va-va-voom factor.
6. Missguided Lace Short Sleeve Bodycon Dress Navy ($60): When black isn’t your thang, try this short lace dress that’s clearly meant to stand out from the crowd. All you need are some copper accessories and a fierce coat to really make the dress shine.
7. Forever 21 Lace Open-Back PJ Romper ($16): Cute and sweet is the best way to describe this open-back PJ romper. If you don’t feel comfortable strutting this down the street, wear it under a long textured black skirt with a boxy, velvet jacket and some cute pumps.
8. Nasty Gal Alexa Lace Bodysuit ($180): Okay, this is one piece you can’t say no to. With its intricate lace details and blue bodice, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any event you go to. Our winning outfit is this + a pair of wide-legged trousers — a bottom simple enough to let the top do all the talking.
9. ASOS Brandy Lace High Leg Bodysuit ($36): This colorful bodysuit is a clear winner across the board. It’s sweet with its scalloped edges, but sexy with its deep-V neckline. Pair it with a textured A-line skirt for some major wow factor.
10. Missguided Black Eyelash Lace Bralet ($26): This bralet might be tiny, but it has a lot of bite. Wear it over a button-down for a new layering trick.
11. Nasty Gal Lovers and Friends Gem Lace Romper ($160): Who said pajamas couldn’t be worn outside of the bedroom? This romper clearly will be the talk of the town with it black lace trim and open back. Accessorize with pearl jewelry to sweeten it up.
12. Azaleas Underprotection: Anna Cut-Out Chemise ($127): This dress is the ultimate bombshell look. Take this cutout chemise and add some black velvet block heels to elevate the look. If there is one dress you need to dance the night away in, it’s this one.
14. Topshop Angel Wing Lace Kaftan ($60): There is nothing more comfy than a kaftan. Period. Wear this red number over a skinny LBD and grab a silver clutch to really kick it up a notch.
15. Azaleas Lonely: Frankie Knit Bodysuit One Piece ($220): The minimalist part of you is going to flip for this striped knit bodysuit. It will give you that extra warmth if worn under thicker layers or just the right amount of coverage under a pair of shorts during the summer.
16. Zara Lingerie Style Silk Top ($50): This top is a perfect piece to match your PSL accessory. Wear it over a white pair of pants and add a leather Moto jacket to really edge it up.
17. Urban Outfitters Out from Under Jessie Halter Bra ($34): Super flattering with pretty mixed fabrics, this halter bra can easily be a standout piece when paired with a pair of high-waisted pants and a see-through lacy jacket.
18. Azaleas Eberjey: Gisele Short PJ Set ($102): When you are already done with the day and it’s only 9am, take your pajamas with you wherever you go. If anybody asks why you are wearing this to work (with a longline blazer and platform oxfords), just says it’s less business and more casual. Really casual.
20. H&M Velvet Bodysuit ($50): Simple, sweet and hands-down sexy, this velvety chocolate number is going to be your new not-quite LBD for the season. Keep warm with a gray oversized coat and a pom-pom beanie to add some festive fun.
Do you plan on wearing lingerie pieces outside of the house? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?