20 Foolproof Wedding Weekend Looks for Brides and Guests
So many weddings, so little time to figure out what to wear. It doesn’t matter if you’re the bride-to-be, a blushing bridesmaid or a plus one — coordinating a weekend’s worth of wedding day looks is no easy feat. Not only do you have to factor in the dress code, your relationship to the bride and the weather forecast (fingers crossed for clear blue skies!), but it’s equally important to find a gown that won’t break the bank. Bonus points if you can hack a way to re-wear a wedding guest dress for the boardroom and a low-key weekend in paradise. From black-tie only to business casual, we’ve got you covered with 20 foolproof wedding weekend looks you can recycle for every rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, reception and post-wedding brunch you’ve RSVP’d to this summer. Think of it as a capsule wardrobe of formal dresses and jumpsuits you can pull from the next time a case of the wedding scaries hits.
1. Madewell La Paloma Dress ($158): Don’t stress it, babe! If you don’t want to get all gussied up for your rehearsal dinner, opt for this embroidered white shift dress that will keep you cool and collected — even in the sweltering July heat. After the wedding, throw on some sensible espadrilles in a punchy coral hue (and a messy top knot) for that honeymoon in Punta Cana.
2. Kate Spade Double Bow Back Dress ($448): Mark our words: This sophisticated Kate Spade number will straight-up stun the moment you enter City Hall. The classic silhouette, coupled with an open back and well-placed bows, makes it the perfect LWD for your rehearsal dinner (and every white tie affair down the road).
3. Jill Jill Stuart Mara Jumpsuit ($280): Non-traditional brides, unite! There’s nothing like a gorgeous neck-plunging jumpsuit to set the tone for your wedding weekend. Pssst: This one even has pockets! Toss in some sparkly heels and chandelier earrings for a look you’ll turn to for years to come.
4. Zara Multicoloured Striped Dress ($100): Toe the line between casual and dressy with this colorful knit maxi dress that’s just right for a rehearsal dinner celebrated with close friends and family. Ditch the heels for a pair of gladiators for a look that reads laid-back chic, and swipe on a bold red lip for an understated-cool vibe.
5. ASOS Beautiful Floral Ruffle Front Cold Shoulder Maxi Dress ($110): While you obviously don’t want to steal the bride’s thunder, there’s nothing wrong with channeling a bit of romance at your BFF’s wedding rehearsal. Between the dramatic cold-shoulder silhouette and frilly ruffles, this floral maxi won’t go unnoticed when it comes time to give the wedding toast.
6. & Other Stories Maxi Sequin Dress ($195): What girl doesn’t dream of walking down the aisle in cascading sequins? For a totally unexpected wedding day look, team this glistening maxi dress with a tuxedo jacket (borrowed from your beloved, perhaps) and metallic steppers.
7. Free People Kari Set ($1100): Say “I do” to this ethereal two-piece set that will fit right in with your woodland-themed wedding in the mountains. As you proceed to walk (or rather float) down the aisle, the dreamy layers of chiffon and lace won’t go unnoticed. Toss in some layered statement necklaces and flash tats for an alternative boho look that slays all wedding (and festival) season long.
8. & Other Stories Pastel Paradise Off-Shoulder Dress ($95): When in doubt, embrace off-the-shoulder silhouettes to the max. Not only are they right on-trend for summer, but there’s something about a shoulder-baring number that just screams wedding season. Get ready to turn some heads with this ankle-grazing sorbet-hued maxi that could easily double for an outdoor wedding (think: Napa Valley or the Etruscan countryside) and date night.
The Bachelorette. Just add a straw fedora and playful wedges for the ultimate island-girl look.
10. Reformation Isabella Dress ($388): Pull out all the stops with this DDG marigold gown that need not be restricted to a wedding under the stars. TBH, it would be a crime to only wear it once. Complement the floor-sweeping silhouette and ultra-femme ruffles with gold hoop earrings for every summer soiree and swanky rooftop dinner party in your iCal.
11. J.Crew Crepe de Chine Bridal Jumpsuit ($495): No shame if you decide to slip into something a tad more comfortable for your wedding reception or after-party. When it comes to hitting the dance floor and indulging in a decadent red velvet wedding cake (#priorities), you shouldn’t have to hold anything back. Post-wedding pictures, don’t hesitate to swap out your gown for this effortless bridal jumpsuit that’s equal parts modern and elegant.
12. Phoebe by Kay Unger Romy Dress ($360): For the wedding of the century (next to Kate Middleton’s, anyway), a slew of outfit changes is obviously obligatory. Whether you’re the guest of honor or even the bride, it’s not every day you get to don a twirl-worthy party dress with this much panache. Throw some bejeweled steppers into the mix — and maybe a tiara — and it’s a done deal.
13. Keepsake Reality Dress ($200): Love ‘em or hate ‘em, strapless dresses are more than deserving of a spot in your summer wedding circuit. This retro camouflage print can be dressed up with strappy heels and a minaudiere clutch or pared down with lace-up sandals and a straw pom-pom tote.
14. Paper Crown Goleta Dress ($278): Let loose at the reception with this free-wheelin’ floral maxi dress that will allow you to get your groove on in style. Swap out your heels for flip-flops (shhh… we won’t tell), so you’ll be ready to go when it comes time to do the cha-cha slide.
15. Kate Spade Daisy Dot Lyric Dress ($398): Achieve major brunch #goals with this daisy print dress that’s worthy of a garden party. Pair it with simple nude flats and a floppy straw hat and you’ll easily be the best-dressed bride down south.
16. MDS Stripes Open-Back Dress ($495): It’s not a wedding weekend in Montauk without some preppy blue and white stripes with a Parisian twist. Team this tailored apron-style dress with canvas sneakers for a timeless look that’ll take you from brunch to poolside chilling.
17. Tibi Istel Fil Coupe Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($595): Top off your all-white-everything wedding weekend with this easy-breezy off-the-shoulder dress that’s daytime casual at its best. Trusty metallic Birks are non-negotiable as you celebrate your newlywed status with mimosas on the veranda.
do rock this Kentucky Derby-esque plaid dress with a strand of pearls and a bottle of champs in hand.
19. Madewell Striped Ruffle Romper ($118): After partying the night away with the bridal party and having one too many cocktails, the post-wedding brunch is all about keeping things on the DL. And what better way to dial things down a notch than with this fuss-free striped romper that can be styled alongside your favorite leather slides?
20. Paper Crown Kapolei Dress ($288): Enter the swoon-inducing floral tie-front dress you’ll inevitably want to wear for every brunch from here on out. When paired with a dainty pendant necklace and tie-up lace espadrilles, there’s no denying the princess appeal.